Beiträge von fuzzysb

Yeah, just tried that it has failed miserably and bombed out half way through, the NAS in now in a state where Apt is not installed and for some reason dpkg or wget isn't either so any attempt to manually mess isn't going to work.

I've taken a backup of my config files and am ready for a re-install, as i work away my ideal scenario is to be able to this during the week as i work away and have time free, and can use an ILO and Virtual Media for the install. the next question though i know is one that will be a stumbling block trying to the re-install remotely, is it still a requirement to disconnect all other drives than the system disk? does the installer not prompt yet where to write the bootloader?

or am i gonna have to get on the wife's nerves by working on it during the time i need to be with her and the kids *sigh*

:)

Cheers for the clarification

Oh well i might just stick with this and just manage the services etc via the CLI, there just too many issues trying to do a reinstall because of the boxes location and being headless, and because every time a re-installation has occured int he past it has been an absolute nightmare with issues with NIC bonding not working as per the GUI when you have multiple bonds.
    I don't know if this has been resolved, but its not the best and the recompilation of scst takes an age (still don't know why volker insists on using IET with OMV with all its problems)

I was on a custom compiled kernel that supports SCST and maybe i should have given this more thought :(

anyway what is done is done, and only after trying to get back into the web interface which was broken, i saw that i was on Jessie.

so i can see that OMV doesnt work on Jessie, and i really really don't want to do a re-install as the NFS and SCST iSCSI & samba stuff works.

how long is OMV off being updated for Jessie? will it be more than 6 months or so?

Regards

Fuzzy

Hi i have recently upgraded to v1.5 and have recently added a new filesystem, however all was working fine until a reboot, the /etc/openmediavault/config file contains entries for all mount points, however when running omv-mkconf fstab it writes into /etc/fstab only the last entry, it appears this bug that was prevalent is previous version has reared its head again. for the moment i have added the entries back manually but any changes from the GUI will break it again.

any chance this can bee looked into?