Beiträge von CM000n

Hi Guys,

I used OMV a while ago on my Server and I realy liked it, but I had to go back to windows, because of some driver Problems with my USB DVB-C Tuner.
    But I was never really happy with Windows as a Server/NAS System.
    So I decides to sell my current TV-Tuner and buy me a Linux compatible Device.
    (Or maybe I could run my USB Tuner and a Tuner Software in a virtual Machin in OMV?)

My current Server Setup is this one: http://www.sysprofile.de/id182683
    As you can see I have 5 data HDD's (1x 3TB, 4x 2TB - 40% used over all) and one System HDD.
    The data devices using a Software RAID, made with Stable Bit drive Pool https://stablebit.com/
    Recently I had some problems with the filesystem on this Software Raid, which is also a reason for coming back to OMV

But I wonder how I can do that, without loosing any data?
    And is there also a Software Raid Solution with folder duplication rules integrated in OMV?

I hope someone of you can help me a bit in here.
    Thanks in advance ^^

Hallo magnum, eigentlich wurde dir auf XBMCnerds.de ja bereits erläutert, wie die Installation von PlugIns unter OMV von statten geht ;)

1. Oben genanntes "OMV-Extras" Plugin herunterladen
    2. Die heruntergeladene .deb File im Plugin-Bereich Von OMV hochladen
    3. Im PlugIn-Bereich von OMV das nun (hoffentlich) in der Liste erscheinende OMV-Extras PlugIn installieren
    4. Die OMV Seite aktualisieren
    5. Im nun in der linken Menüleiste neu aufgetauchten OMV-Extras-Element die gewünschten Repos für die verschiedenen PlugIns aktivieren
    6. Nun sind im PlugIn-Installations-Menü alle PlugIns aus dem OMV-Extras-Repo aufgelistet und können installiert werden

German: Hallo Nebosa, willkommen auf openmediavault.org :D Wie ich bei den XBMCNerds.de bereits geschildert habe ist eine (fehlerhafte) installation auf einem USB Stick eine häufige Ursache für Probleme unter OMV. Ich würde also, wie die Vorredner bereits sagten, wirklich einmal eine Installation auf einer alten USB Festplatte probieren. Ich hatte Anfangs auch eine Installation auf einem USB Stick, und damit nur Probleme. Nachdem ich OMV dann auf eine alte IDE Platte installiert habe, die ich sonst onehin nicht mehr genutzt hätte, lief es wunderbar ;)

----------------------------------

English: Hello Nebosa, welcome to openmediavault.org :D As I have already described on the XBMCNerds.de Forum, a (bad) installation on a USB flash drive is a common cause of problems with OMV. So, like the others already said, I would realy prefer a Installation on an old USB HDD. First I had an installation on a USB stick too, and thus only problems. After I installed OMV on an old IDE drive that I would otherwise no longer used, the problems where gone ;)

Hi, I want ask if there is a option for Windows 8 like Datapools in OMV.
    Because for me and my needs it is one of the best and most comfortable ways to combine different physical drives into one great datapool.
    Also you have an option to choose a two-way or three-way mirroring of your data (also with different hard drives).
    So it is much more secure and flexibel than a LVM Pool.

For further information you can look here: http://www.wintotal.de/speiche…nter-windows-8-verwalten/
    (Articel is in german)

Any ideas?

BTW: Sry for my english

Thanks! Editing the sources.list via nano helped ;)
    I'm still a linux noob :?

Plex now also works!
    I jut forgot to give the "plex" User access rights to the folder via ACL :oops:

Hi, tried to install PlexMediaServer on my OMV 0.5.8 Machine.
    So far so good. It seems to work and I can access Plex via the webgui and can see the plex service with various dlna devices.

But: It seems that Plex have no access to my files.
    The plex libaries are still empty.
    Can someone please explain me how I have to configure OMV and Plex to get access to my media files?

Oh, and I made a typo/misspelling when I add the plex repository to the package list.
    Now I get a warning message every time I try to update my package list.
    How can i delete the wrong repositorys?

No Problems here with GMail and OMV 0.5.8
    Works like a charm :)

Did you activate your Settings by pushing the green button/rotating arrows in the upper right corner?

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Frank, your apply button field should not look like this. Did you log off and back on after updating omv? Also, did you clear your browser cache? You should have 2 arrows forming a circle now for the apply button and the field it is in should be gray.

I think thats a mockup from Frank for a new "apply changes" button ;)

Yes I did. But it just looks like this:

So I just can see the login time and the host of a User. Nothin more...

Hallo Leute, ich nutze in letzter Zeit (wie viele andere vermutlich auch) vermehrt meine mobilen Endgeräte, um mich über Neuigkeiten zu informieren.
    Ein "richtiger" PC läuft bei mir eigentlich nur noch auf der Arbeit :)

Insbesondere ist für mich dabei Tapatalk immer wichtiger geworden, mit dem ich mich über Neuigkeiten und Beiträgen aus Diversen Foren auf dem laufenden halte (Xbmcnerds.de / XDA-developers.com / xbmc.org / u.v.m...).
    Vor allem die Push-Notifications finde ich persönlich sehr hilfreich.

Deshalb wollte ich an dieser Stelle einmal nachfragen, ob die Seitenadmins des OMV-Forum evtl. das Tapatalk Plugin hier in das Forum integrieren könnten: http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=phpbb

Natürlich kann ich das Forum auch weiterhin über den mobilen Browser besuchen, aber die Darstellung und vor allem eben genannte Push Notifications finde ich mit Tapatalk eben einfach komfortabler.
    Auch für die unter den "Genral Discussions" vor kurzem angesprochene Außenwirkung und Medien-/Internetpräsenz wäre diese Erweiterung im Zuge eines ständig wachsenden Marktes für mobile Endgeräte sicher von Vorteil ;)

Überlegt es euch einfach einmal. 8-)
    Aber egal wie die Entscheidung ausfällt sei an dieser Stelle auch nochmal allen gedankt, die an diesem Projekt mitarbeiten und es am Leben erhalten.
    (Natürlich insbesondere Volker)

------------------------------------

Now I will try to translate for those who do not speak German.
    Apologies in advance for my terrible English.

------------------------------------

Hi Folks, I am using lately more and more my mobile devices to inform me of news (like many others probably will).
    A "real" PC runs with me actually only on the work :)

In particular Tapatalk has become increasingly important for me. With Tapatalk I get up to date about news and posts from several forums (Like: Xbmcnerds.de / XDA-developers.com / xbmc.org / and many more).
    Especially the push notifications are very helpful for me.

So I wanted to ask if the site admins of the OMV forum could possibly integrate the Tapatalk plugin into the forum: http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=phpbb

Of course I can continue to visit the forum on the mobile browse. But the style and especially the Push Notifications are just more comfortable with Tapatalk, in my opinion.
    Also for the recently mentioned lack of public relations for OMV the integration of this extension could be an advantage. Especially in relation to the growing market for mobile devices. ;)

Just think about it. 8-)
    But no matter how you decide, I would just say "Thanks!" to all the contributors which keeping this project alive.
    (Of course, especially Volker)