Beiträge von Safidk

I actually just moved my downloads folder to the ssd as well... If a download takes longer, the disk will not spin up

That's a good point. Having the downloads on a ssd to save spinup, and mirroring of downloads. Would save the discs for some stress.

No, the system sees it a different devices... The risk is, that you have it physically on the same disk... But you can backup the appdata on the wd drives. I'm also trying to do that... But before that i have some other issues to fix.

Thanks for the input, but I think that is to complicated/risky when there is no upside to it. I'll just mirror the 2 wd reds, and run omv from the ssd. Not much into running it from a USB, had some problems with that a few years ago.

Hi there,
    I suppose this is a question that have been asked many times, but I have a hard time to figure out the answers, so here goes.

I'm building a nas mainly for plex. Gonna run omv from a ssd and have 2x 4tb wd red for my movies and downloads. Would it be a good idea to use another 120gb ssd for all the config files and plex, or is it redundant?

Thanks,
    Safi

Just a heads up, this appears to have been a DNS issue, not specifically a Plex issue. Not sure why it coincided with the latest release.

I manually entered the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and it fixed the problem immediately.

Hi,
    Im new to all this, and having the same problem. Where did you change the DNS to 1.1.1.1? If you could guide me a bit, I would be very happy. Thanks