Beiträge von schorsch

Hello,

I am currently trying to backup my NAS to an online storage via rsync. I have tried to rsync my folder via command line just to ensure that everthing works as
    expected via

Code
    rsync -rltDv -e ssh /media/94616e4f-6016-4147-989e-87b828eda75a/public/ share-1234(at)rsync.hidrive.strato.com:/users/share-1234
    share-1234(at)rsync.hidrive.strato.com's password: 
    sending incremental file list
    Fotos/2008/2008_06_Handy/
    Fotos/2008/2008_06_Handy/104.JPG
    Fotos/2008/2008_06_Handy/105.JPG

So this works as expected.

Then I have tried to set this up via OMV. I took the default settings and just added share-1234(at)rsync.hidrive.strato.com:/users/share-1234 as destination
    server. When I try to test these setting I get the following:

Code
    Please wait, syncing </media/94616e4f-6016-4147-989e-87b828eda75a/public//> to <share-1234(at)rsync.hidrive.strato.com:/users/share-1234> ...

ectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(601) [sender=3.0.7]

How can I set up a rsync job similar to the command line version ?

Any help would be appreciated (PS: I clicked the green button :mrgreen: )

Hello,

I am struggling with a strange problem with creating samba shares.
    What I have did so far:

* Create a mdadm RAID 5
    * Created a EXT4 FS
    * Created a user "tobias".
    * Added a shared folder "public". Granted read/write permissions to user "tobias"
    * Activated Samba, added a samba share called "public"

Then I tried to access that folder from my ubuntu system to test by typing

Code
    smbclient -L 192.168.1.60 --authentication-file=./.smbcredentials

Result:

I have checked /etc/smb.conf on my server and could not find any configuration for my shared folder "public". Access permissons on that file are set to root:root.
    I think the OMV-Portal is not allowd to write into that file.Can anybody confirm whether root:root is correct or not? A little bit off topic but I have the same issue with ssh. Checked the tickbox in OMV to acitvate ssh but allways getting a access denied message unless I manualy start ssh by typing /etc/init.d/ssh start. Seems to be that setting made in OMV are not saved in the corredponding config files.

Took the ISO from here http://sourceforge.net/project…ediavault/files/0.5.0.24/ and installed OMV via USB-Stick

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!