Beiträge von Jbone

I cannot see my OMV shares on my windows 10 machine.

I have read a lot of threads about windows 10 and OMV on this forum (and others) and followed all the instructions and nothing seems to work.

does windows 10 work with OMV now or not? It seems like Microsoft removed support for SMB sharing but none of the workarounds that the windows community reccomends seems to apply to a NAS.

I'm not sure where to start in terms of getting help, but heres generally what I have attempted
    In OMV: Set up a RAID, Set up a file system, Enabled SMB, made a share, made a shared folder, made a user, edited permissions so that the user has read/write/execute privliges.
    In Windows: I have checked firewall settings, enabeld SMB 1.0, Enabled network discovery and all other sharing settings I can find. I have tried most of the solutions at the below link:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/…19-4cd3-8183-56e20b8ce57d
    I have tries to map the netowrk drive but I cannot see any shared folders with any of these attempts.

OMV is running on a raspberry Pi 3. I am able to ping the pi from my Windows machine. And I can SSH in using Putty.

If anyone can help me get this going I'd really appreciate it. Happy to answer any questions. I know this is a vague description of my issue; since I don't know what the problem is I am not sure what details are important to convey.

Thanks in advance!