Beiträge von chas1745

Apologies - slow in getting back to you - family commitments!

Ran Plex and seems to be working.

When I said containers what I should have said is I haven't as yet set up all of the folders for Photos / Videos etc etc I need to get back into the same place as that where I listed the PUID, GID, etc and add them there.

Thanks to you I've got something working - albeit I don't really understand what or how.

Not sure about security - get a message saying not a secure connection?

In any event have to pack it in for tonight to keep the peace.

Once again my gratitude for your skill and support

best

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /dev
    tmpfs 781M 8.8M 772M 2% /run
    /dev/sdc1 212G 3.1G 198G 2% /
    tmpfs 3.9G 8.0K 3.9G 1% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /tmp
    /dev/sda1 3.6T 135G 3.5T 4% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data1
    /dev/sdb1 3.6T 89M 3.6T 1% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data2
    folder2ram 3.9G 19M 3.8G 1% /var/log
    folder2ram 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /var/tmp
    folder2ram 3.9G 556K 3.9G 1% /var/lib/openmediavault/rrd
    folder2ram 3.9G 20K 3.9G 1% /var/spool
    folder2ram 3.9G 9.8M 3.9G 1% /var/lib/rrdcached
    folder2ram 3.9G 12K 3.9G 1% /var/lib/monit
    folder2ram 3.9G 4.0K 3.9G 1% /var/lib/php
    folder2ram 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /var/lib/netatalk/CNID
    folder2ram 3.9G 420K 3.9G 1% /var/cache/samba
    root@openmediavault:~# Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    -bash: Filesystem: command not found
    root@openmediavault:~# udev 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /dev
    -bash: udev: command not found
    root@openmediavault:~# tmpfs 781M 8.8M 772M 2% /run
    -bash: tmpfs: command not found
    root@openmediavault:~# /dev/sdc1 212G 3.1G 198G 2% /
    -bash: /dev/sdc1: Permission denied
    root@openmediavault:~# tmpfs 3.9G 8.0K 3.9G 1% /dev/shm
    root@openmediavault:~# tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    root@openmediavault:~# tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    root@openmediavault:~# tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /tmp
    root@openmediavault:~# /dev/sda1 3.6T 135G 3.5T 4% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data1
    -bash: /dev/sda1: Permission denied
    root@openmediavault:~# /dev/sdb1 3.6T 89M 3.6T 1% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data2
    -bash: /dev/sdb1: Permission denied
    root@openmediavault:~# folder2ram 3.9G 19M 3.8G 1% /var/log

Trust this is correct - I'm using an SSD drive for the OS - If memory serves me well - it was a 240Gb SSD.

Already got a problem with the next step in the thread- cd home says no such directory exists?

root@openmediavault:~# cd home
    -bash: cd: home: No such file or directory

I now have the UID and GID for the <dockerperson> id I created.

I thought I had created a group for SSH and added the other users - obviously another thing I got wrong!

I'll now go back to the thread you gave earlier and try another step or two - no doubt other obstacles will present themselves but I'll keep plodding on.

How do I give a 'Like' for your postings?

best

Re:3 I tried root - no access.

i removed shellinabox - been told it is not working and about to become obsolete.

The I tried to install PuTTy on my pc. Logged in from the command prompt and Yes - I have access as root user - all other users "access denied".

So one step forward at least??

Glad you are around - really appreciate your support.

best

O.K. - I'm officially dense!

Read the thread, watched the videos.

Questions:

1) " I assume that any folders that will be accessed by Docker have the correct permissions. Finally, I assume you'll forward any necessary ports in your router. " I need to do this - how, in easy steps?

2) I've created the User " specifically for Docker. " - What rights do I need to give - given question 1 above?

3) " SSH into your OMV system and run the command: " I'm not at all sure how to do this - but I tried logging in to OMV with my server IP addresss/shellinabox and got a login prompt - whatever user I tried to enter I just got the password prompt repeating - and I know it was the correct password each time. I need this step to find the UID and GID. How exactly do you "SSH in"

This is so frustrating - the thread says a beginner wrote the instructions !! This really makes me look stupid!

So near so far.

Best

Charles

Will review each and all - there is soooo much to learn and it is very alien to me - I'm used to MS Windows but Linux / OMV is like DOS on steroids and I barely remember the days of DOS!

I had watched the TechnoDadLife video on installing - but I couldn't even work out how he got the UID and GID - still haven't figured that out out.

I'm sorry to be a pain - but I can't find any local support - everyone tells me I should just buy an off-the-shelf NAS box.

Looks like I'll have to get my head down for a few days to see if I can grasp the basics.

Best

Charles

Many, many thanks. Uninstalled (although PlexMedia Services still appears under Services list?). As for screen shots - got that too .........!!

Now I just need to install a media server.

Have you any recommendations for a simple - if not foolproof solution?

I think it will take me a very considerable time before I get to grips with OMV - trouble is I forget things soon after finally learning them - creeping senility.

Your guidance very much appreciated.

Charles

I guess I must have dne something very wrong in the attempted install. Plexmedia Server appears under the heading 'Services' - but here is nothing under services > docker i.e. no container plexmediaserver. I cannot therefore delete it as your instructions.

Sorry - but it look like I've really messed up!

I don't know how to take screen shots of my installation - is there any log files I could show? If so I'd need advice on what and how.

Thanks again.

Apologies up front - I have absolutely no background in Linux, I'm elderly and consider it a minor miracle that I got OMV installed and working on an HP Gen8 microserver!!! However, I tried to install Plex and failed. My aspirations were to store my Photographs and Music on OMV.
    My first question is can anyone advise (in the smplest of terms) how I can uninstall Plex??
    I now intend to follow a video to install Libresonic - unless advised otherwise?

Any and all help much appreciated.

Charles