Beiträge von carpe_k9

Okay, so the machines are local. I have both connected to the same 16-port gigabit switch. Both are also using the union filesystem bit to make one big pool out of the available drives on each machine. There are a number of things that I know he'd be very unlikely to take interest in, but for the sake of simplicity I'd want to copy large folders all at once and then delete sub-folders later.

Time isn't an issue. If I can set a job/task and walk away then there's no problem. Obviously the sooner I get it done then the sooner I can get it to him and his family (I'm also giving him a perfectly functional Libreelec box), but this isn't some mission-critical obligation I have to him. In fact, he said he's not sure he'd use it much but I'm betting once him, his wife and his stepdaughter see all that's available to them I'm sure they'll be pretty happy with it.

Hello! I'm not sure where I should've put this subject, so please excuse me for having done anything wrong.

I've repurposed some older hardware and hard drives into a OMV box for a buddy of mine. I'd like to copy the majority of my existing media library from my OMV machine onto it for him, but I don't want to have to use my windows box and leave it on while 5+TB of data copies (if I can help it).

Is there a way to copy directly from one machine to the other?

Thanks for your time.