Beiträge von mcdonald_ajr

Managed to resolve this issue.
    I had not added an Ethernet interface.
    I had assumed that as it was using DHCP to get an IP address from my router and I could connect via the web interface, and I could also SSH into the Pi, then all was well.

Now I've added an network interface resolve.conf is showing the correct name server.
    root@nas:~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
    nameserver 1.1.1.1
    nameserver 192.168.1.254
    search home

I wasn't able to add a wifi interface, as none were available. This is not a long term issue, as it is obviously better to use hard wired ethernet for a NAS, but I'm surprised it wasn't available.

Thank you. I was coming to the same conclusion. I can connect to it on my local network, and the web interface works fine, so I think it is not correctly picking up the DNS address via DHCP from my router.

I'm pretty sure the hardware is OK, as I previously downloaded NOOBS and got it working OK as a standard Raspberry Pi.

I'll try adding a wifi connection and see if that helps.

Installed OMV today on new Pi4 using ISO image OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus_4.img.xz.
    Logging in through SSH, saw this message:

[ 0 security updates available, 48 updates total: apt upgrade ]

so I ran apt upgrade and saw lots of errors. Mainly saying "Could not resolve host: dl.bintray.com" and "Could not resolve 'httpredir.debian.org'"
    See attached for details. Log.txt

Any ideas what's wrong?
    Many Thanks, Anthony