Beiträge von saimer

I tried disinternals Linux Reader and it worked just great!

Since I have an enclosure to connect 4 drives at a time to check which one has data and it turned out that 1 drive has no data stored at all. I was able to navigating through all folders and copy all contents to an external drive - I happen to have one 8TB drive not used hanging around. So all solved! Thanks again for your suggestions!

saimer

Hi,

I had installed omv 4 on an old PC with 5 SATA drives. I enabled the unionfilesystem plug-in and setup all 5 drives into the pool. The PC was used mainly for BT and media storage. A few days ago the PC just died. After some diagnostic, it looks like the motherboard had died. It's an old ASUS conroe 965 with Intel E4400 (C2D). I have no intention to fix it or upgrade this old PC. Is there a way to get the contents out from the hard drives? I have another Dell PC that has only 4x onboard SATA ports, and a USB HDD enclosure that can plug 4 drives in. There are some important course videos (without backup;() that I really want to recover. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Saimer

What I did to get Deluge working with OMV4 was I installed deluge, deluged, and deluge-web using the terminal, use the deluge console to enable web connection, and set the daemon to run at startup. Now I can administer it using the web interface from another computer, just like before in OMV3.

Can you please explain in detail as step by step instruction? For someone is not that familiar with linux? Thanks!