Beiträge von riprazor

Hi All,

Still very new to this but super happy with this set up so far. I have a Pi 4 running the latest OMV 4 image running two USB 3 8TB drives. I used Etcher to burn the image and after some screwing around finally got things to boot on the Pi 4. The image was burned onto a 32 gig SD card and I am not familiar enough with Linux to understand if their is a way to recover the remaining 24 gig from the partition. This is what I see right now when I go into the File System. The system does see the full 32 gig under Disks. I did try searching, however, if I could just get pointed in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it! If I should have used an alternative to Etcher, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Barry

Hi Ryecoaaron. I just checked under File System and yes to both. They are ntfs and both have the label "Seagate Backup Plus Drive". I assume that is the problem? Not sure how I change the label. Appreciate the guidance. I can slap them back onto a Window 10 system and change the label there I believe.

Hi all,

First, I am very new here so I apologies in advance for any screw ups in protocol or stupid questions. I was successfully able to install the OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus_4.img.xz onto a Pi 3B+ with no issues (although Etcher is always giving a checksum error on the verification) so I went out and purchased a Pi 4 because I really wanted the USB 3 capability. I was unable to simply burn the image using Etcher as I had done on the Pi 3B+ , I would get the four flashing green lights implying a boot loader issue that was not going to go away. After taking a clean image and updating on the Pi 3B+ I was able to move it over to the Pi 4 successfully and get it up and running. Here is my issue. First USB 3.0 drive hooked up works fine. Mounts, shares, security, all good. When I attempt to place a second, similar drive, on the second USB 3.0 port, it appears to see them as two identical drives. While they show up with unique identifiers under “Disks”, when mounted, they show up in the “File” menu as the same. I know it is confused because the second drive can not be unmounted any longer since the system is confusing the two drives. Am I missing something? Can the Pi 4/OMV treat the two drives independently? Ideally, I would like to be able to hang two drives off each Pi 4.

Thanks,
    Barry