Beiträge von thermo

I exactly encountered the challenges which were reported by dwansch. The MTU thing is a good point. After an update I had no network connection and reconfigured the network with omv-firstaid. Than, everything was ok. Only exception is that all clients who still rely on SMB2 can't connect. Interestingly, these clients can't even ping omv anymore after update. I still have not found any solution for this strange behaviour....

Ok. Login via ssh. omv-update. reboot. No network. omv-firstaid. SMB3 works. SFTP works. SMB2 does not work. omv-salt run deploy samba. Nothing failed. First line complained:

Bash
    root@server:/# omv-salt deploy run samba
    /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/jinja.py:503: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working

SMB2 does not work. Commented out all smb extra options and applied setting. Still no SMB2.

I actually had the same problem. After Upgrade von OMV4 to OMV5 everything was ok. Than I installed update "openmediavault 5.3.8-1", restarted webgui showed "502 Bad Gateway". First thing I tried was omv-salt deploy run phpfpm. Webgui was back, but I could not login. Error:

Code
    Fehler #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Than I connected via ssh did omv-engine -f and I was able to login. Than I quited omv-engine, as It was still running the the terminal in foreground and I was still able to login. I rebooted but the network was gone. So I reconfigured the network interface via omv-firstaid and everything seemed to be ok.

Only thing which does not work is SMB via SMB2. SMB3 (tested with SMB03_02 and SMB03_11) is fine. Checked smb.conf, restarted smbd but SMB2 connections won't work anymore. This OMV5 systems now runs with Kernel Linux 4.19.0-8-amd64. Today there was an update notification for Kernel 5.4. Maybe this helps. I will report. Any other advices?

Second OMV: While applying changes after update to openmediavault 5.3.8-1, omv-salt deploy run phpfpm to enable login through webgui and than applying changes, as prompted by the yellow bar, took about 10 minutes, all other changes only took some seconds. However, a day later the webgui became incredibly slow. Decided to reinstall OMV - done in no time.

First OMV: Everything seemed to be ok. Than complains from operators of machines using SMB2 that they can't connect. Checked smb.config and restarted smbd but still no connection. Machines with SMB3 can connect. SFTP works.

Any ideas?

OMV4 was initially installed on both systems and up to date before upgrade to OMV5. For both system trouble started with update openmediavault 5.3.8-1.

Edit: Thinking about also reinstalling omv on the other system. Is there an possibility to export the user list?

Lets continue with the second OMV: omv-salt deploy run phpfpm and login prompt is back again. Login works. Asked for applying changes (yellow bar). Took ages (>10 min). Reboot to see if everything survives. It did.

Back to the first OMV: omv-engied -f. Login works. Reboot. Nothing. Ping 172.18.100.2. No Network. omv-firstaid. Reconfigured network interface. Back online. Login works. Reboot. Login works. SMB works. SFTP works. All fine.

Anyhow, strange behaviour...

On another OMV system, where I now didn't install the upgrades so far it also shows me the update "openmediavault 5.3.8-1". This was the update mentioned in the first post, after which I am not able to login though the webgui anymore.

Edit: As this other omv nas is not really import to me I did the update, didn't reload the page (as asked after update) but closed the promt with the cross at the top right and applied the new setting (yellow bar). An error occurred. Now also "502 Bad Gateway".

Edit2: This other system was also initially an OMV 4 but was recently upgraded to OMV 5. I tried omv-salt stage run deploy which gave 1 succeeded and 1 failed.

Following Mobilis I did omv-confdbadm migrate conf 0.5.8 followed by another omv-salt stage run deploy which didn't help, also after reboot - still 502 Bad Gateway. However, I am able to conned via SMB or SSH.

Edit3: Any other advices. I may use the second OMV as a test system now. :)

Thank you!

Tried omv-salt deploy run nginx but didn't help. After restart I could neither use ssh anymore nor login via the webgui (not responsive). Luckily I have a snapshot after the update (...) but before the reboot. So I went back and tried omv-salt stage run deploy which took about a minute but didn't help. After reboot no webgui no ssh. None of both failed as in Mobilis case.

Output of:

Bash
    # omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.system.notification.notification

Output of:

Bash
    # omv-confdbadm read --prettify --filter '{"operator": "stringEquals", "arg0": "id", "arg1": "cronapt"}' conf.system.notification.notification
    Code
    [
        {
            "enable": false,
            "id": "cronapt",
            "uuid": "394cd565-e463-4094-a6ab-12e80270e9b4"
        }
    ]

Output of:

Bash
    omv-confdbadm migrate conf 0.5.8

Same trouble. After reboot not webgui, no ssh. Went back to previously mentioned snapshot to have the system back running (SMB) but without being able to login via the webgui.

cheers

Thermo

Status of php7.0-fpm showed that it could not load dynamic librar /usr/lib/php/20151012/pam.so - no such file or directory. Restarting of php7.0-fpm didn't change anything. Than i ran omv-salt deploy run phpfpm. Than I could type in my login credentials but it gave me the following error:

Code
    Fehler #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Shall I remove php completely and reinstall it?

Unfortunately one may not use google anymore to search as probably all urls changed and the new forum search engine doesnt give satisfying results.

Hello,

installed the one available OMV update today. After the update was complete I could see the yellow bar popping up, which asked for applying changes. However, I couldn't klick on them because I was asked to reload the page first. After reload I cannot access the webgui anymore and it only gives "502 Bad Gateway".

An email notification told: "failed protocol test [HTTP] at [127.0.0.1]:<port> [TCP/IP TLS] -- HTTP error: Server returned status 502"

I tried to restart nginx, which was successful but did but still gave error 502.

Any ideas how to get the webface back running?

cheers

Thermo

After Upgrade to OMV 5 I do get an error when I add "extra options" for smb via the web interface:

Code
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"The property 'localmaster' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'.","trace":"OMV\\AssertException: The property 'localmaster' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'. in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc:71\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(186): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->assertExists('localmaster')\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(271): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->set('localmaster', true, true)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(233): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setFlatAssoc(Array, true, false)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/smb.inc(81): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setAssoc(Array)\n#4 [internal function]: Engined\\Rpc\\Smb->setSettings(Array, Array)\n#5 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#6 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)\n#7 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('SMB', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)\n#8 {main}"}}

As a workarrund I added the extra options manually in /etc/samba/smb.conf and restarted samba service with "systemctl restart smbd".

Edit: Cleared the browser cache and error is gone...

To summarize the following procedure is recommended:

1) Uninstall all plug-ins including omv-extras via the web interface
    2) Make backup of resolve.conf OR remove resolve.conf and add an DNS server following ness1602, post 35, after upgrade with the following commands

Code
    rm /etc/resolve.conf 
    nameserver 9.9.9.9" >> /etc/resolv.conf

3) Perform the dist-upgrade following ryecoaaron:

Done.

Did I forget something? I am using the omv-extras sftp plugin. Should I run

Code
    omv-removesftpmount

prior dist-upgrade?

Hello,

I wanted to set the httponly and secure cookie attribute. Added

Code
    proxy_cookie_path / "/; HTTPOnly; Secure";

to an <name>.conf in /etc/nginx/conf.de/ as this should be included by the ngnix.conf which says:

Code
    http { include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf; }

However, as I have a look in the request header with crome developer tools I only read lines from dune but do not finde the two attributes there. What do I do wrong? I am a bit confused from the content of /etc/nginx in openmediavault...

Thermo

Installed the update to 4.1.25-1 today. Same strange behaviour. After restart and decryption of the luks encrypted storage all shares under /sharedfolders/<share> are empty. Data is untouched and everything is still mounted under /srv/dev[...]/. SMB does work.

If I add another "test" share shares under /sharedfolders/<share> arn't empty anymore.

SFTP doest not work after restart. All shares unter /sftp/<user>/<share> are empty. Restart of the SFTP plug-in also solves this problem.

Summarized workaround, after Restart: 1) decrypt storage 2) create "test" share and delete this share 3) disable SFTP 4) enable SFTP.

No further updates currently available, but I will wait for an update.

Reinstalled SFTP, now all entries from the old sftp installation are still present in fstab. Is ist a good idea to remove them manually?

Edit: Did this fix manually. However, I do not use ZFS. Storage is ext4.
    Edit2: Persistent trouble.
    Edit3: Reinstallation of SFTP also cleaned up fstab.

Hello,

have an OMV 4.1.24-1 running since about half a year. OMV is accessed for users via smb/cifs and sftp(omv-extras installed). Since the server is in a non-safe environment (access by other people I know, but I do not trust completely) I also use the luksencryption plug-in (omv-extras). Users home folders are enabled.

Installed the following updates yesterday:

After reboot the startup was delayed by the following service:

Code
    A start job is running for dev-disk-by/x2dlabel-Data.device (xx / 1min 30s)

However, it finally started. Than I received the following notifications:

Than, I decrypted the luks encrypted storage but observed that all shared under /sharedfolders/<share> are empty. This can be solved by adding another "test" share. After a reboot all folder for shares unter /sharedfolders are empty again. Data unter /srv/dev[...]/ remains untouched.

However, the SFTP plug-in showed some strange behaviour. The access list contained the folder homes several times. Moreover, user told me that they can't access their home folders. So I deleted all entries for homes and re-added them (not all users are in the list of sftp users). This actually deleted all home folders, which was an unexpected behaviour to me. Fortunately, all home folders are backuped daily.

I uninstalled the sftp plugin. Now the /sftp/<user>/<share> are empty but still exist. There are also still entries for sftp in fstab.

Is there a solution to the "empty /sharedfolders/<share>" problem after reboot? How may I get sftp running again?

cheers
    Thermo

PS: sorry for double post. received error with id 4851be6be597751aab5f544072bcfa0fa838810d an tried again.