Beiträge von jobrien929

I used full disk encryption instead of an encrypted container within another file system. A file system was then created on that encrypted disk. Unfortunately, the file system I picked was exfat so that will need to be reformatted. So let's say I reformat using ext4. I would still need to use the Veracrypt cli commands to mount the volume. Is there a way to do that within OMV?

At this point I'm asking to satisfy my own curiosity. If I have to reformat anyway I'll probably just switch to LUKS. I was hoping to avoid that since there's already data on the disk.

I have a RAID 1 enclosure that's encrypted using Veracrypt. I connected it to a RPI2b running OMV. I ssh'd into the Pi and mounted the encrypted device at /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data. The volume is formatted with exfat and is labeled Data. The problem I'm having is that I can't create a SMB share on it. When I go to the add share panel there is no entry for this device in the Device dropdown menu.
    The device is listed on the Disks page and the file system is listed on the File Systems page with the device shown as /dev/dm-0. I am able to cd into the volume with ssh. How do I create a share on this volume?

Thanks