Beiträge von Der-Tim

Hi there,

I've got some problems with the "Apply changes" button. As soon as I click on the button to apply the changes, the system looses it's network connection. How can I reset the pending changes? How's OMV handling those changes? What shall I do to revert the pending changes?

Regards, Tim

Just a little update:

I solved it myself and figured out, where the glitch is. After deselecting the "send E-Mail"-function, everything works like a charm. Maybe it's a bug, but I haven't found time to debug it in depth. Maybe it's the integration of the E-Mail address into the command. I'll debug it this night or tomorrow.

Regards, Tim

Hi there,

I just configured some rsync jobs (via SSH and key-auth) to run each night at a given time. I first tried the dry-run, everything seemed to be just fine.

This morning, I neither had a mail in my inbox nor was the job completed. I took a look and tried to run the job manually. All I got was an error message stating: "Unexpected remote arg: ..."

I really have no idea, what's wrong atm (see screenshots).

What am I doing wrong? rsync is available on all servers which I'm trying to backup with rsync (as I've done this before with a self-build rsync-script)...

Regards, Tim

Hi there,

I'm new with OMV, but not with Linux (more then 18 years of experience). I'm really impressed of how OMV works and I'm happy to obsolete my own Debian Linux selfbrew with OMV.

I can say, that it run's like a charm on my ~4year old Lenovo D400 (see http://shop.lenovo.com/us/desktops/home_storage/d-series).

The specs:
    - CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU 230 @ 1.60GHz (it is 64bit capable, but I installed the i386 version)
    - RAM: 2GB DDR2-4200
    - HDD: 160GB SATA via USB as systemdrive, 4x 1TB SATA-II HDDs as storagedrives (RAID-5 array, hot-swap)
    - LAN: 1x 1Gbit/s
    - USB: 5x USB2 (4x on the back, one on the front)

As this chassis doesn't has an optical diskdrive, I attached the HDD via USB to my laptop, booted the installation CD within a virtualmachine and installed OMV to the USB-HDD. After that, I connected the USB-HDD to the D400 and booted it up, created the RAID array and ... now I'm really impressed and very very happy with it. :)

Cheers and greetings from Hamburg, Germany.

Tim