Beiträge von firetux

I've disabled hotplug but there was no change. The Message ata1.00: failed to enable AA (error_mask = 0x1) occours again.
    Because there were no change I enabled it again.

Don't ask me why, but now i can see /dev/sr0 and I could mount it! :D

How can I mount a Movie - Bluray or an Audio CD? Mount wanna have the filesystemtype...

Has anyone an idea which parameters are needed to mount Movie-Bluray or Audio CD?

thanks

I've disabled hotplug but there was no change. The Message ata1.00: failed to enable AA (error_mask = 0x1) occours again.
    Because there were no change I enabled it again.

After that I changed the HDD order on the backplane by changing the HDDs. Now I get the same error for ata4.00 so I think that the HDD (250GB Seagate 7200rpm, shipped with the HP Server)
    is the Problem!

Could be the small partitions created bei OMV the reason for that? Should I resize them? Or doesn't this make sense...?

Hey guys,
    at boot i get the following message:

ata1.00: failed to enable AA (error_mask = 0x1)

ata1.00 should be /dev/sda, my root partition is /dev/sda1

I run OMV on a HP Microserver G7 N54L with bios mod to enable ahci on all ports.

What does the exception mean?

Thanks in advance!
    Philipp

Thank you David for your reply!

Yes, with the bluray drive I wan't to copy big files with max performance to my raid1... i use the bluray drive for 2 years with many Linux distros (for example: ubuntu 12.04, 13.04 and debian 7) without
    any Problems. Maybe this is caused by debian6 ?

Do you see your HDDs in /dev at the filesystem ?
    If that's true I wonder how could my nas works... ;)

Greets
    Philipp

Hey guys,
    I'll use the SATA Port 5 of my HP N54L Microserver for my LG Blu-Ray Device.

Port 5/6 runs with AHCI and 3GBit/s with "TheBay_Microserver_Bios_041" - Mod

In Bootlog I can see the device and it displays the manufacture etc.

But I can't see it in /dev, there is no mapping.

Additional to that I can't see any SCSI Devices in /dev, only in the WebGUI.

For example:
    I can see my 3 HDDs in the WebGUI as /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc, /dev/sdd
    but they are not listet in /dev at the filesystem.

I think, thats strange...

Where does OpenMediaVault map scsi devices and how can I use my Blu-Ray Device?

Can anyone please help me?

Tanks in advance!

With the 3.2 Backport Kernel i got the following boot exceptions:
    :i8042 No controller found

Setting parameters of disc:
    /dev/sdd failed!
    dev/sdb failed!
    dev/sdc failed!
    dev/sda failed!

Turning on quotas... cannot find .. (all used mountpoints) /media/62.....xxx

But via SMB i can access all files ...

??????

I don't understand that...

Philipp

Hey Guys,
    i got openmediavault on my HP Microserver N54L G7 with the following disks
    2x 2TB, 1x 250GB, 1x 1TB

The 2x 2TB run as RAID1 configured with the gui.

Since i plugged my bluray drive to sata port 5 i got the exception at boot "could not set parameters for /dev/sda - /dev/sdd"

Additional to that i could see the drives in the filesystem /dev

But, the shared folders are working and i can access my files.

Has anyone an idea why the exception occurs? -is my SATA controller not full supportet in 2.6 Kernel?
    Should i install 3.2 Backport kernel?

By the way... I installed the TheBay_Microserver_Bios_041 BIOS and enable AHCI and Hotplug on all Ports

Thanks for any ideas.

Philipp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo zusammen,
    ich habe mir openmediavault auf einem HP Microserver N54L G7 installiert.
    In den Drive Bays stecken 2x 2TB, 1x 250GB, 1x 1TB SATA Platten.

Die beiden 2TB Platten laufen als SW Raid1 (über das GUI eingerichtet)

Seit dem ich auf den SATA Port 5 mein Bluray LW angeschlossen habe kommt beim booten die Meldung,
    dass der auf alles /dev/sdx keine Parameter setzen kann. Wenn ich mir das in /dev ansehe, sind dort
    die Platten sda,sdb,sdc und sdd nicht zu finden.

Die Freigaben funktionieren und ich kann auch auf die Dateien die in dem /dev/mdxxx mountpoint liegen zugreifen.
    Vom Datenzugriff sieht es also ganz gut aus...

Allerdings finde ich die Meldung doch beunruhigend. Kann die Meldung jemand deuten?

Wird vielleicht der SATA Controller nicht richtig erkannt? - Sollte ich vielleicht einen 3.2'er Backport Kernel installieren?

Achja, ich habe das TheBay_Microserver_Bios_041 installiert und Hot-Plug zu haben und AHCI auf allen Ports

Vielen Dank für eure Tipps!

Gruß
    Philipp