Beiträge von ZeroT

I'm looking to build my first OMV server after running a power hungry xeon based windows server for years.

The OMV build will be storage only, I would be wanting to use Reslio, and I would like to automate power on/off over night etc. It will primarily hold video files to be served by Plex (separate plex server) and syncing my daily use work files from various computers. I'm looking to save the planet (my wallet) when it comes to power usage.

My problem is deciding on the hardware/motherboard/SBC for the build. An SBC would be great, I already have 4x 3Tb 3.5" WD Red SATA drives which seems to narrow my options a lot.

NanoPi M4 with SATA hat seem very difficult to obtain in the UK?
    Helios 4 seems difficult to obtain full stop.
    Raspberry Pi4 would be good but the USB could be a pain for connecting the 3.5" drives unless there is a hat I havent seen?
    Odroid HC2 looks great but the single drive is obviously a limit, I guess I could have 4 of them and 4 OMV installations at a push but could be a pain to manage, is there something like FreeNAS's TrueCommand for OMV?
    Odroid XU4 with the CloudShell2 look great, who doesnt love a live LCD screen, but it looks like OMV doesnt work well with it? (might just be old posts) and a few negative comments about the CloudShell2 in general.

I am not against a USB drive setup if there are better board options without SATA.

Completely open to your thoughts....