Beiträge von mitchtay

I think this is a different issue to the one this thread is about so It might be a good idea to raise a new one.
    It looks as if your are unable to install the iscstitarget plugin at all; this thread is about not being able to enable it.

Also, please don't use my patch as there is a much better one coming from votdev which is far more comprehensive than my quick hack :)

I can confirm that this issue exists on the latest OMV 0.5.14.

Steps to reproduce from a clean installation

• Install the openmediavault-iscsitarget 0.5.3 plugin
    • Enable the plugin on its settings tab
    • Save and apply the configuration

The error received:

Patch removed as a better one was created by votdev

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Very nice. I would love to see the code to your plugin :)

Sure thats not a problem, what is the preferred method for sharing code here?

Zitat von "WastlJ"

But the Chrome as well as the Firefox Plugins does not work if you´re behind a Firewall which does not allow ssh connections.

Thats why a Shell inside OMV would be so useful (for me) ;)

Looking forward to test it as soon as I´m at 0.5 - if you want. :)

There is usually an easy workaround for this. SSL and SSH connections are virtually indistinguishable from one another as they share the same protocol. TLS connections are a little different but again very similar. So if you aren't currently using HTTPS (443) on your firewall, you should be able to NAT that port through to 22 on your OMV server and connect to it over that, the corporate firewall just assumes its an HTTPS page. I won't go further into detail here so as to not derail the thread.

Also, when I have something ready for testing I'll make sure I let you know.

Zitat von "davidh2k"

Please add a restriction to the Plugin, that it can only be used when the GUI is accessed via SSL!

Greetings
    David

I was thinking of having this as a setting, but I think it would be better to piggy back off the webgui setting for SSL connections. If you force SSL on the webgui; then shellinabox will do the same ... I think this is the most flexible option while leaving the security in the hands of the user.

Well I got a rudimentary plugin for this working, though it is largely untested.

I found a few hits regarding the hyphen key not working, also a few users were claiming to have problems with international keyboards. Specifically azerty and french accent keys not being picked up properly. There are a couple of patches which I am thinking I'll test. Also I may have found the cause of it not working on chromium, though according to my research it should affect all webkit browsers so I'm going to test that for sure.

Hmm very cool in principle.

I noticed there are a couple of issues with it thought; It doesn't work at all with chromium browser. And when I use it through firefox the hyphen key doesn't work. IE is fine though.

Is there interest in the community to get this as a plugin?

Yes, that is the correct location of the file.

on my machine for example:

Well the permissions look fine and nothing glaringly stands out, the files are owned by root; I cannot see why you should be able to open/download them.

Code
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root     root         4096 13. Okt 08:31 proftpd
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root     root       283501 13. Okt 22:23 xferlog

Once you have logged in as root, what is the output of $groups root

It should say something like root: root.

Regardless, root should be the owner of /var/log so it seems very strange, it could be permissions corruption; otherwise your log files could be stored elsewhere.

Is this a standard OMV install, or did you install it on top of Debian Wheezy or an Ubuntu variant?

Would it be possible for you to upload:

your proftd configuration file: /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf
    the proftpd log: /var/log/proftpd/proftpd
    and the transfer log: /var/log/xferlog

It seems very strange to me that you are getting a data timeout stalled error when the data connection is open.