Beiträge von faszinierend

Thank you, i forgot which file i edited, i removed the last two entries and now it seems to work :)

I tried following this guide http://forums.openmediavault.o…wtopic.php?p=12549#p12549 but i'm getting an error. (I didn't want to dig out a year old thread so i started a new one).

I'm running this version of omv: 0.4.36

I tried this command:
    apt-get install encfs

got this error:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     encfs : Depends: fuse-utils but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages

then i tried:
    apt-get install fuse-utils

got this error:

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     fuse-utils : Depends: libfuse2 (= 2.8.4-1.1) but 2.9.3-10 is to be installed
    E: Broken packages

then i tried:
    apt-get install libfuse2 and it installed 2.9.3-10 - but since i still can not install encfs i guess it requires version 2.8.4-1.1. So how do i get this version? During my initial configuration i think i had to switch to different repositories, could this be the cause of my problem?

It should be 1:1 what the startpost said

Maybe the problem is that i created the files on windows? I set the format to LF but maybe the "newline" at the end of each file isn't the same as a unix newline? could that cause a problem?

Edit: Yes it was the format... i don't know which part ... i guess some of the spaces in the header part of sensors... works now :) thanks

But all that stuff is copied into the collectd.conf by this script

Code
    /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/collectd

So if i run this command it destroys my collectd.conf and if i don't it doesn't but in both cases no graphs are generated.
    /var/lib/openmediavault/rrd/ does not contain any sensors- images.

If i click refresh in the CPU temperature tab what scripts are called? Maybe i can add the graph generation code somewhere else..

I followed the instructions in post 1 but i can't get this to work.
    after creating all files and running

Code
    /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/collectd

my collectd.conf looks like this

And if i try to run this

Code
    /etc/init.d/collectd restart

i get this error

Code
    Restarting statistics collection and monitoring daemon: collectdParse error in file `/etc/collectd/collectd.conf', line 37 near `<newline>': syntax error, unexpected EOL
    yyparse returned error #1
    configfile: Cannot read file `/etc/collectd/collectd.conf'.
    Unable to read config file /etc/collectd/collectd.conf.
    Error: Reading the config file failed!
    Read the syslog for details.
    Not restarting collectd.

Anyone any idea what's wrong with the collectd.conf?

I just updated the kernel and it still boots and seems to work just fine.
    Updating was a bit more complicated than i hoped, had to get a different version of libc6 first which required to add a testing apt source.

The coretemp driver now recognized my cpu and i get plausible temperatures :)

If anyone knows of any negative side effects that might occur now or later on please let me know.

I figured some things out ...
    if i do

Code
    modprobe nct6775

sensors will show me much more information, i'm not sure yet how useable the values are but some are close...

But when i do

Code
    modprobe coretemp
    FATAL: Error inserting coretemp (/lib/modules/2.6.32-5-amd64/kernel/drivers/hwmon/coretemp.ko): No such device

I'm getting this error which i guess means my CPU isn't yet supported so my plan is to update the kernel.

And now the 100% OMV related question:
    If i use this guide http://linuxg.net/how-to-insta…int-debian-and-derivates/ to update to kernel 3.11.4 will that screw up the OMV configuration?
    Will it still boot like it did before ? I currently have no keyboard or screen plugged into the NAS so ....

I want to use a temperature plugin but am running into several problems...
    My board is Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS and i'm running 0.4.36 / 2.6.32-5-amd64 and if i do a simple

Code
    apt-get install lm-sensors

No sensors are detected
    So i manually installed a newer version (lm-sensors 3.3.4) and now i get this message when running

Code
    sensors-detect

Since i'm still getting the same sensors output

Code
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1:        +27.8°C  (crit = +92.0°C)
    temp2:        +29.8°C  (crit = +92.0°C)

Which is not the actual temperature, I'm guessing i need to install this nct6775 driver...
    I downloaded this driver https://github.com/groeck/nct6775/ but when i try to build it i'm getting this error

Code
    compat.h:32: error: I2C_CLIENT_END undeclared here (not in a function)

The only thing i could find online is that i would need to patch the kernel with i2c? Is that true? Is that possible?
    I couldn't find how to do that so i'm lost now ... :)

When sensors-detect runs i see this output

Code
    Module i2c-i801 loaded successfully.
    Module i2c-dev loaded successfully.

which makes me think maybe this ict is already installed? Maybe i just got the wrong kernel header? I used this command

Code
    apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)

Edit:
    I got it to compile by adding 2 things to the compat.h

Code
    #include <linux/i2c.h>
    static unsigned short normal_i2c[] = { 0x290, I2C_CLIENT_END };

I chose 0x290 because it showed up in the sensors detect dialog

Code
    Found `Nuvoton NCT5532D/NCT6779D Super IO Sensors'          Success!
        (address 0x290, driver `nct6775')

sensors-detect now doesn't show the warning that no driver was found but the values i get are still the same :(
    The problem is that i don't even know if anything i did makes any sense since i have 0 knowledge about all this stuff