Beiträge von lexmark3200

Could you post your NFS /etc/fstab settings that gave you 100MB/s?. Whith NFS /etc/fstab I cannot get more than 45-50 MB/s

Yes. This is my config - I don't know is this good or no, but it's working. Maybe someone else can check the config?

Code
    IP:/my_share /place_to mount/  nfs rw,hard,intr,_netdev,nofail 0 0

I made some another tests....

From Mint to OMV I get about 100MB/s but from OMV to Mint only 60MB/s

The NFS server runs in sync mode by default, linux client mounts are async by default. If you mount with the sync option, the client waits for confirmation that writes have completed on the server, hence data xfers are slower. Some scenarios need this.

Have you used the sync option in your NFS /etc/fstab entry? If so, just remove it.

Maybe the problem is with sync mode in server?? Yes, I removed the sync mode from /etc/fstab in my client (Mint).

Ok. another update...

I added the async in OMV. Default when You make a share, there is only: insecure, ro, subtree_check

You can check it in /etc/esports. Now in my case I have : async, insecure, rw, subtree_check

So now when I put the async mode I get almost 92MB/s.

Zitat

From Manual NFS:

async -

This option allows the NFS server to violate the NFS protocol and reply to requests before any changes made by that request have been committed to stable storage (e.g. disc drive).

Using this option usually improves performance, but at the cost that an unclean server restart (i.e. a crash) can cause data to be lost or corrupted.

P.S.

andrzejls not Andrew ??

I have a problem with speed between NAS (OMV 6) and Linux Mint. The NAS is on my Fujitsu Futro with HDD WD10SPZX connected to SATA port.

I've made some test with the same PC but another OS. The test file is 15GB. The Samba v2.0, the NFS v2.0 to v4.2

Some test with samba copying:

Windows 10 -> OMV 95MB/s

OMV -> Windows 10 99MB/s

Mint -> OMV 40MB/s

OMV -> Mint 60MB/s

With NFS, the same 15GB file:

OMV -> Mint 100-102MB/s

Mint - OMV 7-8MB/s

I connected another disk with USB 3.0 case - the old Seagate, the case is recognized by OMV as JMicron:

The same test with NFS share:

Mint -> OMV 100MB/s

OMV -> Mint 109MB/s

Both HDD I enabled "Write cache"

If the problem is the WD disk, why I get the full lan speed with samba and Windows 10?

Hi

I'm trying to unlock a disk on OMV (luks), but the key is stored on a diferrent PC, so on the second PC I make SMB/NFS share with my key: share1, then on PC2 with OMV6 I added in /etc/fstab

Code
    //192.1.1.1/share1 /media/share1 cifs user=,password=,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.requires=network-online.target,x-systemd.device-timeout=10s 0 0

mostly it's working great, but sometimes doesn't. The problem is I think the system is trying first to find the key in /media/share1 and then mount the SMB/NFS share. How to do that the first step will be mount the SMB/NFS share ??

I've the same FF s920 with the same CPU as your. My, has 2GB DDR and 1TB HDD. It's working great, without any issues.... I remmeber 2 months working without any restarts...

The power consumption is bellow 5W (the range for my power consumption metter is from 5W-3kW) because it show 0W, so maybe the 4.8W as you mentioned is the true consuption.

With wraiting or reading from HDD (samba share) it consumes about 7.8W. But if you connect the video cable (DP or anything else) the consumption is higher, because the graphic is starting, without any cable, the graphic is "death" and no power consumes....

Hello,

I have configured my BIOS.

And the OS seems to accept it :

Code
    Supports Wake-on: pumbg
    Wake-on: g

where did you installed the OMV system?? On SSD (sata) or memory stick on USB??

Did you check that, your mobo can start after wake-up on lan from usb or can start only from disk on sata like HP mobo, they can only starts from sata0 port ;)

In BIOS you must configure Wake-on LAN, sometimes there is option to choose from where after wake-on lan, the system should start, check that.

How can I in editor stack join the orbital sync (or another docker) to my macvlan network??

After every recreate a docker I must manual join to my macvlan network.

Is any chance to automitic this operation??

I added:

Code
    networks:
      network1:
         name: my-pre-existing-network
         external: true

not working....

That is correct:

Code
    networks:
       - pihole_macvlan_NET

networks
      pihole_macvlan_NET:
        external: true

Hi.

I'm trying to run Orbital Sync

In stack editor I put all neseserry Configuration, but after run a Orbital Sync docker in Log I get an error

Code
    2/3/2023, 7:14:08 PM: ➡️ Signing in to http://x.x.x.x/admin...
    2/3/2023, 7:14:08 PM: ✔️ Successfully signed in to http://x.x.x.x/admin!
    2/3/2023, 7:14:08 PM: ➡️ Downloading backup from http://x.x.x.x/admin...
    2/3/2023, 7:14:08 PM: ✔️ Backup from http://x.x.x.x/admin completed!
    2/3/2023, 7:14:08 PM: ➡️ Signing in to http://x.x.x.z/admin...
    2/3/2023, 7:14:11 PM: ⚠ Failure: An unexpected error was thrown:
    - FetchError: request to http://x.x.x.z/admin/index.php?login failed, reason: connect EHOSTUNREACH x.x.x.z:80
    2/3/2023, 7:14:11 PM: ⚠ Failure: 0/1 hosts synced.
    2/3/2023, 7:14:11 PM: Waiting 30 minutes...

My second pihole is working on OMV on docker with macvlan.

Hi.

I've installed on docker a qbittorrent on my OMV NAS (Fujitsu Siemens 920 4x1.5GHz CPU), the HDD is WD 1T with 128MB cache.

The problem is that, the max speed on qt is 12-13 MB/sec, but when I copy a file to NAS or from NAS the speed is about 100 MB/s - max of 1GB LAN.

So I've checked the qt in docker on Ubuntu server (HP t620 4x1.5GHz CPU) the speed in qt is max from my ISP - 23 MB/s (200-230 Mbit/sec).

Anybody can help me??

ps aux | grep -E "apt|dpkg"

Code
    root       35500  0.0  0.0   6312   648 pts/0    S+   20:07   0:00 grep -E apt|dpkg

sudo omv-aptclean