Beiträge von romu

Hi,
    I setup a NAS with OMV some months ago. And I successfully registered this NAS within my company infrastructure which is managed by an old Windows 2003 Active Directory.

For some weeks, we're experiencing some issues of the NAS losing its connection to the Active Directory. As a result, the NAS is asking for credentials when a user tries to access a share, and no credentials work. Currently, we've found a workaround to the issue by rebooting the NAS. But it is not really satisfying.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

Hi,
    I finally fixed the issue by removing the RAID totally. And re-created from scratch. Bonus, I didn't lose any data, OMV (mdadm indeed) synced everything right.

/dev/md127 must not be used, it's a sign that your raid is in a bad shape. So be aware, if you see /dev/md127, your raid needs some attention.

Code
    /dev/md0 on /media/f605a663-0455-4580-9139-fe9350690b51 type ext4 (rw,noexec,_netdev,acl,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0)

No /md127 in the output. I guess I've to rebuild my raid, don't you think?

Hard drive, seems clean based on SMART data.

I think I've found someting. Normally, I setup a software RAID1, made of 2 WD 2 TB HDDs. But on OMV, I see this:

Code
    <machine>:raid - /dev/md0 - clean,degraded - mirror - 1,82TiB - /dev/sdc
    <machine>:raid - /dev/md127 - clean,degraded - mirror - 1,82TiB - /dev/sdd

That's pretty disturbing don't you think? So I tried to deep into mdadm analysis tools.

If I run: mdadm --query --detail /dev/md0, the output is:

If I run: mdadm --query --detail /dev/md127, the output is:

My newbie first thought would be: "my raid doesn't work at all". What do you think?

Hi, and thanks for helping.

I went through almost all logs and found nothing relevant. But I'm not an expert. I wonder if this can come from a disk failure. But as these disks are mirrored in the software RAID, there is no way to get a SMART assessment.

No, I don't run any rsync script nor cron jobs, except default OMV tasks. The OMV version is the latest available (now 0.5.48), the system is regularly updated. Any idea how I can diagnose this issue?

Hi,
    We run OMV for some months. I recycled an old computer, put 2 * 2 TB disks, and used OMV to create a software RAID1. This server is connected to our old Windows Server 2003 Active Directory. This has worked without any trouble since the beginning.

Some days ago, first alert, my colleagues couldn't access the Samba shares anymore by using their regular AD credentials. Not a big deal, I rebooted the server and everything came back as usual.

But few days ago (last friday, let's be accurate!), something weird and worrying happened, it was like if the server RAID switched back some weeks in the past (as if we switched back to an old snapshot for a VM). We lost some data, and see old data back which are normally automatically cleaned after 10 days.

Here I am, I don't want to let things like this, and would like to diagnose a bit to prevent, as much as possible, the same thing to happen again. I need some help, because, for instance, the syslog doesn't contain traces older than today. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hello there,
    Totally new to OMV. I've just installed the distrib, been able to configure network and related stuff, great.

Then OMV said "There are some updates", I chose all updates availables. Everything ran fine...I guess, because now, all labels from the tree on the left are gone and some of the ones on the right too, there is no more visible network interface (even if the network works well), etc.

Any idea?

Could it be a locale issue? My system language is English, but my keyboard locale is French.

Thanks.