Beiträge von MAiniak

Hi,

today my system drive unfortunately broke down. I already read that I should be fine and that the RAID is able to be remounted after a new installation of OMV - is that correct?

Next to that I considered to use a different operating system, maybe a linux version. Is it still possible to remount the RAID in another operating system?

Kind regards, MAiniak

YEAH, I solved this luckily by myself:

After all disks were listed in fdisk again, I did this:

Code
    mdadm --stop /dev/md0

Code
    mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 /dev/sd[abcdf] --verbose --force

Now everything is back online, I have 5 disks listed in blkid and fdisk which are named "JensNAS", but the space is the same like before (4disks).

How can i grow my linear system? Is there a plugin? I just want to add some space to it.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply!

I unplugged every disk and tried to find out which one is the one that could'nt be found. Is the UUID maybe the RAID's UUID? Because now all 5 have the same UUID, but at least now I can see all of them.

But my raid still isn't mounted, I tried to manually mount it with

Code
    mdadm --run /dev/md0

, says no such file or directory.

Any suggestion how to activate md0 again?

Code
    cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    md0 : inactive sdd[0](S) sda[4](S) sdb[3](S) sdc[2](S) sdf[1](S)
          14651327800 blocks super 1.2

unused devices: <none>

Code
    /dev/sda: UUID="406cc9c2-3525-0f15-9ad0-6d0d6b4bf29e" LABEL="JensNAS:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdb1: UUID="259eae38-51f0-43fe-beba-142684aedba1" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdb5: UUID="38f8ae34-8985-4494-b3a7-2c1b81518133" TYPE="swap"
    /dev/sdc: UUID="406cc9c2-3525-0f15-9ad0-6d0d6b4bf29e" LABEL="JensNAS:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdd: UUID="406cc9c2-3525-0f15-9ad0-6d0d6b4bf29e" LABEL="JensNAS:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sde: UUID="406cc9c2-3525-0f15-9ad0-6d0d6b4bf29e" LABEL="JensNAS:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdf: UUID="406cc9c2-3525-0f15-9ad0-6d0d6b4bf29e" LABEL="JensNAS:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"

Thanks!

Hi,

I bought a new disk and tried to "grow" first the raid, then the FS. It wasn't possible to grow the raid, the grow button was greyed out. After that I wiped the new disk which was listed under "physical disks" and did a reboot.

Now there is one disk missing under "physical disks" and the raid is gone, FS status is "missing".

Output of fdisk -l:

Output of blkid:

Code
    /dev/sdb: UUID="406cc9c2-3525-0f15-9ad0-6d0d6b4bf29e" LABEL="JensNAS:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdc: UUID="406cc9c2-3525-0f15-9ad0-6d0d6b4bf29e" LABEL="JensNAS:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdd1: UUID="259eae38-51f0-43fe-beba-142684aedba1" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdd5: UUID="38f8ae34-8985-4494-b3a7-2c1b81518133" TYPE="swap"
    /dev/sda: UUID="406cc9c2-3525-0f15-9ad0-6d0d6b4bf29e" LABEL="JensNAS:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sde: UUID="406cc9c2-3525-0f15-9ad0-6d0d6b4bf29e" LABEL="JensNAS:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"

Output of cat /proc/mdstat:

Code
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    md0 : inactive sdc[0](S) sdb[4](S) sda[2](S) sde[1](S)
          11721062240 blocks super 1.2

unused devices: <none>

Any ideas how to fix that and resize my raid afterwards (linear)?

regards,

MAiniak

I found everything and connected successfully! So thank you guys so far for your fast response! :)

If I change something in the /etc/mumble-server.ini and save that, the changes are not entered to the server. I tried via ssh

Code
    /etc/mumble-server.ini restart

so that the changes work after the restart but I just get a message that I have "no permission" -> is that the correct way to enter the changes in the .ini file and if so, how can i get the permissions to do a restart/start/stop?

Thanks

I installed it without any error and it seems to be running.

How can I configure the server? I googled mumble for debian and there was mentioned that /etc/mumble-server.ini is where you can configure your server. Just access via ssh?

Hey,

hab gesehen du bist deutsch, das vereinfacht das hier ja etwas^^.

Also ich komm wieder ohne error auf die plugins, hab das plugin was ich oben erwähnt habe runtergeladen und muss jetzt nur das plugin über "upload plugin" installieren oder? Ist das ohne weiteres möglich oder ist das irgendwie kein "offizielles plugin" oder sowas? Welche Datei muss ich einbinden? Hab mal ein paar die mir logisch vorkamen ausprobiert und bekomme folgende Fehlermeldung:

Code
    {"success":false,"responseText":"Failed to upload package 'install'. The package name does not match the plugin naming convention.","errors":null,"code":6000,"message":"Failed to upload package 'install'. The package name does not match the plugin naming convention.","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to upload package 'install'. The package name does not match the plugin naming convention.' in \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/pluginmgmt.inc:303\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->upload(Array, Array)\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('upload', Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'upload', Array, Array, 1)\n#4 {main}"}

Gruß MAiniak

Hi,

I currently run my NAS with OMV since 5 Months. I'm not very experienced with debian/OMV and was glad that I did the first set up, there weren't any problems since then. Now I'd like to install a mumble-server on it but i don't have any idea how this is done. Since I don't like to blow up my filesystem with random trying I thought it would be nice if you guys could help me with that problem.

Did anybody set up a mumble-server under OMV before? I found https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ers/openmediavault-mumble, but I don't know how to install it, if i try to open the "plugin" section in the web interface i get this error:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-clamav 2>&1': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these: The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-clamav : Depends: openmediavault (>= 0.5.32) but 0.5.11 is to be installed Depends: clamav-daemon but it is not going to be installed Depends: clamav-freshclam but it is not going to be installed pyload-cli : Depends: python (>= 2.5) but it is not going to be installed Depends: python-pycurl but it is not going to be installed Depends: python-crypto but it is not going to be installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks, MAiniak :)

I did everything, it should work. Do I have to put it after the "loop" in the modules?

But does this fix my no-directory-problem :D?

Beside: I just like to try if its possible to watch a recorded movie or sth. like that via internet.

sry for my stupid questions but this is my first contact with debian/ubuntu etc

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have any options.conf in /etc/modprobe.d/ on my nas, do I have to create one?

Then I'd enter nf_conntrack_ftp ports=21,55536 (currently I've forwarded port 55536 ~ 56559) and afterwards modify /etc/modules with nf_conntrack_ftp?

Then reboot nas and see if its working?

regards MAiniak

Hi,

I read a lot about this issue but there wasn't anything suitable for my problem.

I try to set up an FTP connection to my NAS. I use OMV v. 0.5.11 and did:

- enable FTP in the webinterface
    - set the same port as forwarding in my router, enable passive mode and forwarded those ports aswell
    - add a few folders in the "Shares" section, and give the "FTP" user read/write rights (same in the "ACL" section)

Now I have a "FTP" directory on my nas, where I've no rights at all.

If I enter ftp://FTP:mydyndns:port I'm able to see the folders I added in the FTP->Shares section and can view Pictures for example

If I try the same with an FTP program like filezilla, I've no problem entering the FTP but there is no directory shown! Same if I try to enter via ubuntu

In my opinion the user I created should've the rights to enter the FTP, I have no clue why I'm not able to see any directory on it and I hope somebody of you might have a solution.

best regards

MAiniak

btw I'm from Germany

Hi,

I currently try to activate wol aswell. I activated the option at the web interface and did

Code
    ethtool -s eth0 wol g

what seems to be working after checking with

Code
    ethtool eth0

My question is how am I able to send a MagicPacket from my Windows 7 computer?

regards

MAiniak

Hi,

I finished the installation of OMV a week ago. My problem is that windows just shows 10.7tb instead of 10.9tb as mentioned in the web interface.

I already tried to "resize" my filesystem, no change. I can see the 10.9tb at "raid management", 10.7 at "filesystems" -> any idea how to fix that problem without wiping the hard drives? In worst case I'm able to save 90% data.

thanks, MAiniak

btw. i'm german