Beiträge von Hens

After I have installed a new hard disk, the system shows me the following message during the boot process:

"[FAILED] Failed to start Enable File System Quotas".

The NAS still seems to work normally.

It is an external hard disk from Intenso with 2GB. I have shared a folder and set up a Samba share. My NAS based on a raspberry pi 4 two additional hard disks are connected.

What can I do? Do I have to do anything?

Many greetings and thank you very much,

Jens

Hi,
    i woud like to use the usb-backup-plugin. The usb-divice with the backup on it should be readable on my windows-computer. Which file-System is recommendable? Fat32 is no alternative because of limitation of the filesize.

Hallo,
    dies ist sicherlich kein spezielles OMV-Thema, ich versuche die Frage hier trotzdem einmal zu stellen:
    Wenn ich auf meinem Windows-Rechner einen Ordner mit Inhalt von einem NTFS-Datenträger auf einen anderen NTFS-Datenträger oder auch auf einen FAT32-Datenträger kopiere, bleibt das Änderungsdatum erhalten, dh, der Ordner der Kopie hat das gleiche Datum wie der Ursprungsordner. Wenn ich diesen Ordner auf ein ext4-Dateisystem eines Shares in OMV kopiere, erhät dieser Ordner ein aktualisiertes Datum von dem Moment,in dem ich ihn kopiert habe.

Kann man das irgendwie ändern? Ich würde es schöner finden, blieben die Daten der Ersterstellung erhalten.

Das Problem betrifft übrigens nicht die Daten der Dateien in den Ordnern. Diese behalten auch auch auf dem ext4-Datenträger ihr ursprüngliches Datum.

Falls es wichitg ist: Ich nutze einen Raspi4 mit WD My Passport-Festplatte.

Grüße und vielen Dank

Hens

The same in english:

Hello,
    this is certainly not a special OMV topic, but I will try to ask the question here anyway:
    If I copy a folder with contents from one NTFS disk to another NTFS disk or even to a FAT32 disk on my Windows computer, the modification date is preserved, i.e. the folder of the copy has the same date as the original folder. If I copy this folder to an ext4 file system of a share in OMV, this folder will get an updated date from the moment I copied it.

Is there any way to change this? I would find it nicer if the data of the initial creation were preserved.

The problem does not affect the data of the files in the folders. They keep their original date on the ext4 disk as well.

If it is important: I use a Raspi4 with a WD My Passport hard drive.

Greetings and thanks

Hens

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)