Beiträge von keesg

I few weeks ago I decided to build a NAS. In the past I already did that once with OMV. But the hardware used then was old not good got some faillures quit the project. My current NAS a netgear duo was running out of space. I could have bought some bigger disks but that is to easy. Another thing the netgear is not that fast. So decided to buy some new stuff. Made an order with an ITX amd motherboard + processor 4 gigs of ram and an ssd for the operating system and a 6 bay ITX casing. Problem they could not deliver the mobo and processor anymore. After deliberation wiht te seller changed te motherboard to an ASUS H110 itx/ac and an Celeron G3930. The day after the parts arrived. Immediately put the stuf togheter. Pressed the button....... only running fans. After investigation the bios was to old for the cpu. Ordered a new cpu a G3900. Put that one in.... everything runs.

I downloaded the latest stable of omv.Tried to install but it did not recogize the nic. Downloaded debian Wheezy, did also not reconize the nic. Downloaded Debian Jessie. This one I could install. Added omv to the repo and did install omv. After a day I found out it was omv 3.0
    It runs now for a few days, with no problems. I think I keep it this way.

Hi All

I have set up the ftp When I use FileZilla as client to transfer file to the FTP all the files get the current date. (date of the transfer) I would like the files keeping the original creation date and time.
    I enabled the presevere timestamp of transferred files in filezilla but that doesn't do the trick. Is there something wich I can/must do at the serverside.

Thanks in advance

Kees Geerts

When I log in to the server with putty, then I find my shares on a location /media/bdd79..........................a#/backup etc.
    When I log in to the web administration the shares seem to be in /dev/md127/backup etc.
    When I want to make a task or a cron job than I have to refer to /media/bdd79............a# instead of /dev/md127/backup. Is it possible to change (rename) the bdd79.....................a#.
    For example I want to make a simple task for renaming a directory on my backup share.

when I make a job with /dev/md127... the answer is "folder does not exist"
    When I want to change dir to md127 in putty it also says folder does not exist.

Hopefully a simple answer.

regards

Kees Geerts

Don't know if my problem is solved but is doesn't appear anymore. I did do a complete reistallation after I formatted the disks with a ubuntu live cd.
    Raid stays clean now and it remains md127 consisting of sdb and sdc.
    I didn't do much experimenting with the removable disk.

regards Kees

After a few days uptime the following occurs. When I try to log in the webinterface the screen flashes after logging and I become the login box again. When I use the wrong password then I get the message the password is wrong.
    I tried to restart apache and I tried to reboot the server completely, this without the hoped result.
    Does anyone know how to solve this problem
    The most recent updates are installed, the system did function properly after the installation of these update.

regards

Kees

reinstalled omv, made sure the boot disk was on sata port 0. Made an Array of disk 2 and 3. went well.
    After adding a fourth disk, (wich I want to use for remote backup purposes), mounted it and created a filesystem unmounted it and removed it. The system stopped working.
    After a reboot I ended up with 2 raid 1 array md126 and md127. On this moment the booth disk remained sda

Tried also freenas but setting up shares with the correct persmissions is hard. But when I encounter this kind of probs with omv that's much harder. And I want to use removable media.
    Maybe I am going to setup ubuntu server, that is a thing I can manage. Then I can use it as a printserver as well.

I did do something wrong I think
    installed omv, the installation disk was sda
    added two 1tb disks they turned to sdb and sdc.
    created a raid 1 array from sdb and sdc
    created a ext 4 filesystem to the raid. Everything turned to be fine.
    Added a fourth disk which became sdd
    Created a filesystem ext 4 and mounted it stil everything went smooth.
    after unmounting and removing that disk my raid array degraded.
    after rebooting I had two raid array's.
    The former sda disk became sdd is this normal?
    can it be restored one way or the other?

I' am about to install omv. What I want is to make a backup solution for my data.
    I've got a file server on wich I store my data. I've got a mail server. And and a windows server with my cad drawings on it.
    On this moment I backup weekly everything and once in a while I put a disk of site with a complete backup. Now I want to go to backup dayly and put a disk of site every week.
    For this purpose I've bought a hotswap bay wich I will build into the casing. I want to swap every friday the disk in that bay.
    Can omv automount that disk so that I can copy everything from the raid to the swapdisk with a cron job.