Beiträge von Zio_Peppe

Power off and on the switches could solve the problem (If you are allowed to do that). Switches store the MAC address of the connected devices. If you put the device to another switch weird problems can happen. Maybe there are commands to renew this tables in the switch, which I do not know.

After power off and on the switches i plugged the nas to the switch where it was before but the situation didn't changed, on the command line i wrote again omv-first aid to configure the network interface,
    after it seems that
    loopback state turned to UNKNOWN state
    enp1s0 turned to DOWN state

i'll turn off both the switches and see what's going on

i connected a windws laptop to the same wire the nas was connected and the laptop works. i'm sure the problem is in the NAS that fortunally has no data in it because i wanted to learn as much as possible befor using it for it purpose

Good morning guys,

disclaimer, i'm a newbie and english it's not my language so please be patient.
    Since i moved my Nas on another room, same cable but different switch (it works for sure because it's the father of the previous) it doesen't get an ip anymore, before everithing worked fine. The console doensn't show error messages, it is like everything is working.
    enp1s0 is in state UP

- i've tryed omv-first aid to configure network interface automatically and the first time it worked and showed the ip
    - when throught poweroff command line i switched off the nas to find out if it shows again the same problem it did, i runned omv-first aid again to configure network interface automatically, the process ended without any troubles but it didn't worked
    - i set ip adress manually from command line but it didn't worked
    - i'm sure omv didn't get the ip because Advanced port scanner doesn't show nas between the client connected
    - the only ip i can see it's the docker0 one

any hint? thank you for your time