Beiträge von jimmy_cr

Its strange what he send yesterday - there is openvpn process runing, but parameters are really strange.

for example:

--config /etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf (cannot find /etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf anywhere in github sourcecode of plugin)

--client-config-dir /etc/openvpn/ccd (cannot find /etc/openvpn/ccd anywhere in github sourcecode of plugin)

--crl-verify /etc/openvpn/crl.pem (cannot find /etc/openvpn/crl.pem anywhere in github sourcecode of plugin)

These parameters are not set by OMV plugin imho...

Are you sure "Birdybird" you didn't try to install OpenVPN on you own and then installed as OMV plugin? Are you trying this plugin on clean installation of OMV?

you ruined whole config file probably now. Set config through web, but do no enable OpenVPN. Save/Apply. Then go to console, run

Code
    openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/server.conf --log /var/log/openvpn.log

and post whats in /var/log/openvpn.log

mine folders looks like (+ more files in other subfolders)

it seems some files missing

Code
    Error opening configuration file: /etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf
    Code
    Sat Nov 21 09:56:37 2020 OpenSSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line
    Sat Nov 21 09:56:37 2020 Cannot load DH parameters from /etc/openvpn/pki/dh.pem

check whats in /etc/openvpn and /etc/openvpn/pki folders

ah I see, you are running raspberryPi...

my process list looks little bit different - I'm on Linux x64

Code
    /usr/sbin/openvpn --daemon ovpn-server --status /run/openvpn/server.status 10 --cd /etc/openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/server.conf --writepid /run/openvpn/server.pid
    \_ /usr/sbin/openvpn --daemon ovpn-server --status /run/openvpn/server.status 10 --cd /etc/openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/server.conf --writepid /run/openvpn/server.pid

and everything works for me as expected - even with login/password

try to disable OpenVPN plugin and from console run manually

Code
    openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf --client-config-dir /etc/openvpn/ccd --crl-verify /etc/openvpn/crl.pem

maybe we can see some error raised...

or maybe better with logging to file:

Code
    openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf --client-config-dir /etc/openvpn/ccd --crl-verify /etc/openvpn/crl.pem --log /var/log/openvpn.log

then post whats inside /var/log/openvpn.log

First of all change config like this:

- disable "Use compression"

- disable "PAM authentication"

and after save / apply check if "openvpn" process is running - connect using SSH and run

Code
    ps aufx | grep openvpn

if YES, download client configuration and try to connect (without login/password for now)

i have installed it but how to configure ?

I did not get username password.

How to connect via openvpn client on my android ?

So many "out-of-topic" questions for this forum/thread. Just use "google". No better answer.

- just one hint - use "TCP protocol" and "TUN device" if you want to use OVPN with Android device...

Just one little change. Could you change client-config section (starting at line 368) in \usr\share\openmediavault\engined\rpc\openvpn.inc like this? (added line 'auth-nocache',). Thats all - better security for clients...