Beiträge von shadowzero

The maintainer of Serviio recently released a new version of 2.0 in May 2019. To continue using the pro release, the maintainer requires a purchase of a new license. Additionally, future releases would also require a purchase of a new license as described on the free vs. pro page here. Because of this choice by the maintainer, I am no longer updating this installation guide. If your looking to still use the free version, I recommend you follow the guides provided in the Serviio getting started guide. I have enjoyed using Serviio as an alternative DLNA server. I currently use Plex as my primary media and DLNA server with the purchase of the lifetime updates. I feel my investment into Plex has been worth the cost. There is other projects such as Emby that are also worth looking into. Take time to consider what best suites your needs and then you will be happy. I want to thank everyone who supported this guide for Serviio. This thread will now be closed.

It looks like you are running OMV 3. If that is true then the latest version of Serviio 1.9 will not work as it does not support your version of Java. It requires Java 1.8. You could install the backports version of Java 1.8 if you plan to stay on OMV 3. I would recommend you upgrade to OMV 4 but be sure to backup your data before you upgrade to be on the safe side.

Hello Everyone,

This is a guide I worked on a few months ago but it is not officially a part of omv-extras.org or openmediavault.org. This guide is provided as-is and may not work in your instance. I did have some of the moderators review this document before I decided to release it. Feel free to add any comments here or you may download the original document here: https://github.com/skyajal/diy…/OMV3.xDIYPluginGuide.odt The stable version of the document can be found here: https://github.com/skyajal/diy…/OMV3.xDIYPluginGuide.pdf

Thanks,
    ShadowZero

Hi @Cwj,

Sorry for the late reply. I tested the guide on OMV 2.2.5 and I did not have a problem with the init script. I would suggest removing the one you have in place. As root, run update-rc.d -f serviio remove and delete the file rm /etc/init.d/serviio Go back to step 4 and copy the init script again and do step 5. That should fix your issue. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll continue to work with you to fix it. :thumbup: One good thing did come out of testing, some of the commands in the guide did not execute correctly but were minor. If I do them manually it worked just fine. You gave me a good reason to check it and to go back and update the guide. Thank you for that.

The ffmpeg package for wheezy used a depreciated version. It works but at the time writing the guide libav was being pushed to use instead so that is why this guide uses libav for OMV 2.x. The good news is I have tested 1.6.1 on OMV 3.0.13 beta with ffmpeg and it works just fine. I am working on developing a plugin for OMV 3.x but for now if you want to test on OMV 3.x, use ffmpeg instead of libav.

@Olli1010 Take a look at this from the OpenVPN Howto: https://openvpn.net/index.php/…entation/howto.html#samba. You can either try to add interfaces = 192.168.0.0/24 10.8.0.0/24 to the extra options in the SMB/CIFS on OMV or setup the static route. Replace the 192.168.0.0/24 with your home network. That should allow you to access your smb shares by the IP Address. \\10.8.0.1\share for the step mentioned above or \\192.168.0.30\share for the static route. If you want to access AFP then I suggest setting up the static route. I recommend you try the steps in the OpenVPN Howto and see if that resolves your issue.

I think @tekkb can answer better for OpenVPN AS related config than me. I don't remember all the settings for it and don't have it setup.
    Did you add the static route for the VPN network to be accessible from your router? You may need to do this as well. Add a static route for the VPN subnet (10.8.0.0) with the netmask (255.255.255.0) and the IP of your OMV machine (192.168.1.30) for example.
    Did you forward the port default 1194 as well on your router?

Another question is how I am able to connect with an webadress instead an ip (which is not the same every day)?

You can use a service like Dyn.com for dynamic dns instead of entering your IP each time it changes. Most routers have built in support for it and there is also a plugin for it openmediavault-ddclient that you can use.

What is the output of dpkg -l | grep wpasupplicant?

It's likely missing the wpasupplicant package as stated in the error.

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault : Depends: wpasupplicant but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Try installing the wpasupplicant apt-get install wpasupplicant package then openmediavault apt-get install openmediavault