Beiträge von shadowzero

If you saw the Perc 5i then that is the raid controller. Usually during boot you would see something during boot to go into the raid configuration. You might see "Press Ctrl-H" or "Crtl-Y" during the boot process to access the raid controller. If you see any message similar to that then press the keys. Did the system come with iDRAC? If so, connect the management port and you should be able to setup the raid through that.

Do you know if there is a Perc 5i or 6i raid controller installed? You may need to go into the raid configuration and configure the drives. If you have already, I would check the firmware level on the raid controller. It might need to be updated, though it's unlikely that would be the issue. Some models that you have use a software raid instead of the Perc 5i or 6i. If that's the case, then that's likely why you're not seeing your drives. If you do have software raid, destroy the raid array and look in BIOS if you can set the controller to use AHCI instead of raid. I don't know much about Dell servers so that's about the best advice I can give you. Good luck.

@castl3bravo you will need to upgrade to stoneburner to see openmediavault-docker-gui and you will need to install the developer plugin. This plugin is not in the repo yet and only devs are able to see it at this time.

I've installed Windows 10 upgrade on my desktop system and I have been able to copy, cut, delete, and move files via SMB (CIFS) without any problem. Are you logging in with a MS account on your Win10 PC? If you are then you may want to add a local account that matches your OMV login. You could also add your login to the Credential Manager program.

Sorry for replying so late. I had some personal things to take care of. I'll need to setup a separate system to test this some more. I tried it with my production system and a USB 3 drive which gave me the same results. I'll keep looking into tweaking it and see what the results are.

My thought is to not enable the plugin after post install. Rather add the option to set the shared folder to use instead of the default /var/lib/docker. Take a look at the virtualbox plugin for example. Set the shared folder 1st to use for docker then enable it. Set the folder path in /etc/default/docker and the /etc/init.d/docker to point to the shared folder. I'll go into more detail tomorrow. I have a bad headache tonight and it is hard to concentrate.

Hi @luckyjay,

Just offering my two cents here. :) Things like squid proxy server should be left as a separate item from OMV. The reason I say this is because setting up proxies or reverse proxies should reside in a vm, A firewall app such as pfSense, or a docker container possibly. I don't think it is beneficial to have this as a plugin to OMV. I could be wrong though. I am just speaking from experience. If anyone needs to implement a proxy on their home network, I strongly advise you do it outside of OMV and run it either as a VM, Docker container, or part of a firewall solution such as pfSense. You can easily block yourself out of OMV without knowing the right firewall rules to implement. Again just my thoughts about the subject. I am no way discouraging the thought of a plugin but I just think it's not a good fit. Things could go wrong really fast for a new user in my opinion.

Use the Rsync plugin. Create a new job by clicking Add. Leave the type set to local. Select your source (old) share and your new share you want to move the files to. Click on the Trial run the 1st time around to see if your files will move correctly. If you're satisfied with the trial run, go back and uncheck it. After you run the job your files should be copied to the new share. Check your new share to make sure you have all your files. Once your done, you can delete the Rsync job and the old share. :)

@davr971 I am the owner of the openvpn plugin. The plugin currently doesn't offer a client config option. I am working on that for a future release. For VPN providers like ipvanish, I will have to test connectivity and see if I can split the routing table to accept the LAN and WAN connections. For now, go with @subzero79 suggestion.

I agree you are likely filling up the cache then your speed drops. That is why it starts at about 100MB/s then slows to 10MB/s. iSCSI has no compression, and the expected transfer rate will be even lower when you take (Ethernet, IP and iSCSI) protocol overhead into account. I would of expected the isolated connection to perform better but in your case it didn't. I'll do some more testing on my end and fine tune some of the settings.

Hello @mercxi,

While OMV does not have a way or guide (that I know of) how to do this, you have three options you can consider. 1. Install the LVM plugin and use it to create your thin provisioned iscsi targets. 2. Install the ZFS plugin from omv-extras.org and use it to create your thin provisioned iscsi targets. 3. Partition a drive to the desired size for each iscsi target.

I have used LVM before to do this but not with the ZFS plugin.

I miss the only VPN client.

I know the server side works on my RPi B+ but I haven't tried using it as a client. Is that what you're trying to do? I haven't implemented that piece yet. I do have it planned for a future release. For now I'm focusing on creating your own certificates. I was hoping to release it by the time stoneburner was released but real life issues came up so I haven't had time to finish up the next release of the plugin. I hope to have it ready for testing soon.

Just adding my two cents here. I shutdown the vm I want to backup. Export that vm as an ova to a different folder. I Rsync that folder to my backup server. This also allows me to start the backed up VM on the other host if I need to do maintenance on my main OMV box. It's been discussed alot on the Virtualbox forums. Some people have come up with a way to suspend the vm and copy the snapshot. Other perfer shutting down the vm and then make a copy or backup. I went a step further I think by just exporting the VM after it is shutdown. That way I can restore it easily. Hope this helps. :)

So you would suggest a totally fresh install over just upgrading from 1.18 to 2.1?

Since your replacing your 1TB drives with 3TB Drives HDDs I would go with a fresh install. But that is just my opinion. :thumbup: I figured that would also save you some time since you were having issues upgrading to 1.19 then to 2.1. If you still prefer to upgrade then we'll need to see what's holding you up. Have you tried running omv-update?

Hi @berritorre,

If you're not concerned about the current config such as which plugins are installed, etc. I would make a backup of critical data such as personal files, music, videos, or other things you may not be able to redownload easily from the internet. Take out your current internal 1TB you have been using as a mirror backup and use that to restore your data in a USB dock or plug it back in after you have a fresh install of OMV 2.1. Be sure to make a backup to your 2 external drives as well. Install your new 3TB drives. Configure 2.1 the way you want it then restore your data. This is what I would do if I am changing hardware. Especially with new disks. Backup the data to an external source. Rebuild OMV. Restore the data.

I hope that helps. Let us know how it works out for you. :)