Posts by RonO

Thanks for your help ryecoaaron, it appears the upgrade was corrupted by a failing motherboard.

I can't even get it to POST now.

Oh well I shouldn't complain as that server was built from old parts I had hanging around, and 2 new sata expansion cards, build cost $50.

Time for some new hardware.

Considering something with a Ryzen 6 core in it.

Something befitting OMV and the KVM Plugin.

proftpd

Is proftpd installed by default? I don't recall installing any ftp in omv5.

Just went to burn the latest iso image of OMV6 to usb incase I need to do a fresh install.

I thought I'd check if I had already downloaded the latest, so I suss out my iso folder, hmmm I've got version 6.0.24 and 6.0-34

6.0.24 being the currently available image on https://sourceforge.net/projec…nmediavault/files/6.0.24/ and https://www.openmediavault.org/download.html

How and where the hell have I gotten 6.0-34.iso on the 22nd March 2022 ? The dash in the file name makes me suspicious.

I'd hunt through my browser history if I hadn't changed laptops like 10 times since March.

Has there ever been a version 6.0-34.iso image made available?

It's no real biggy, as the 6.0-34.iso image was only used for creating a vm to have a quick look at version 6.

But it does concern me that there have been other suspect images available on the internet.

You should be able to just upgrade

Well I tried :-(

omv-release-upgrade ended with the following

Errors were encountered while processing:

proftpd-core

proftpd-mod-vroot

openmediavault

openmediavault-fail2ban

openmediavault-diskstats

openmediavault-nut

openmediavault-backup

proftpd-mod-crypto

proftpd-mod-wrap

openmediavault-symlinks

openmediavault-omvextrasorg

proftpd-basic

openmediavault-remotemount

openmediavault-sharerootfs

openmediavault-resetperms

openmediavault-sftp

openmediavault-locate

openmediavault-clamav

openmediavault-luksencryption

openmediavault-kvm

openmediavault-apttool

W: --force-yes is deprecated, use one of the options starting with --allow instead.

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

After a server reboot it's still on OMV 5.6.26-1

Help please, I want to take the lazy way out and have this upgrade work.

I don't wanta do all the configuration of a fresh new install :-)

You should be able to just upgrade

Thanks ryecoaaron

I had a rummage through my desk drawers yesterday and found a spare 500GB SSD (bit of a size over kill for an OMV OS drive, but who cares).

So my thoughts are now, try the upgrade, and if that works, great. But if there are problems use plan B, do a fresh install on to the spare SSD, mount the old drive as a memory jogger for any configs the ole grey matter doesn't recall.

As for docker containers, should all containers be shutdown for the upgrade?

Hi All

I'm about to upgrade from OMV5.6.26-1 to OMV6 (omv-release-upgrade) but have concerns about some services I have running.

I have rclone v1.58.1 and zerotier v1.8.10 (on hold in omv ui, Apt Tool plugin) installed in the OMV5 OS.

Should I do anything in regards to these services prior to the upgrade?

Also what should be done with running docker containers prior to the upgrade process?

I've read through as much as can in the guides and forum, but didn't find anything about these topics.

Are you on OMV 5.x or 6.x?

omv 5.6.26-1 64 bit | omvextrasorg 5.6.6 | kvm 5.1.7

ctrl-shift-R

Done that again, no change. This server has been restarted few times, plus login's and logout's.

The consoles can't be started without prompting you.

No, I don't get prompted when starting a console/vm.

Ports are automatically assigned. <graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' listen='0.0.0.0'>

I thought this was a new feature that had been added to the kvm plugin.

Is autoport='yes' what automatically assigns the port? Or is that for something else?

Or maybe I some corruption somewhere?

When you start the console, it asks for what ports you want to use.

No, when I start the vm the console starts automatically and assigns the ports automatically.

I thought this was a new feature built into the kvm plugin.

My installations are omv 5.6.26-1 64 bit | omvextrasorg 5.6.6 | kvm 5.1.7

From xml file

<graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes'>

<listen type='address'/>

</graphics>

http://<YOUR IP ADDRESS HERE>:8081/vnc.html?resize=remote&autoconnect=1

Yes that works fine for the 8081 or greater port range.

But as soon as I use any port in the 8091 or greater range it results in the 404 error.

I checked all the running docker containers to see if the 8090 port range was in use, but nothing is using those ports.

It remains a mystery.

Getting the below error when using the KVM plugin novnc option, on any vm with an auto assigned port in the 8091 or greater range.

Connection to those vm's with the 8091 or greater range, is working via Guacamole using vnc protocol on port 5900 or greater.

All novnc connections work good when the auto assigned ports are in the 8081-8089 range.

Anyone have any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Error response

Error code 404.

Error code explanation: 404 = Nothing matches the given URI.

omv 5.6.26-1 64 bit | omvextrasorg 5.6.6 | kvm 5.1.7

Is there a way of pruning my VM list?

I have way to many VM's now. But I would like to keep them backed up else where.

I know I can copy/move/backup the storage (qcow2) and the xml config file for each vm.

Q1. But how can I remove them from the KVM plugin VM list?

Q2. And can they be restored to the KVM plugin Vm list, if need be?