Beiträge von RonO

To make it the right way

Thanks very much for all the links.

Not too keen at present to look that deep under the hood of OMV, but it is going on the "One day" to do list.

But I wonder about when changing a UPS, what .rrd files would be available then!

On the saving of Monitoring, Enabled, could that trigger the finding of available .rrd files in /nut-ups, to then generate the required tabs and graphs for Performance Statistics pages?

what the k means in the vertical axis of the graph

From reading nut.js I can see transform_rpn: "60,/" so I would guess the raw data is in seconds, so from my hack job on the temperature graph I can divide the 1.2 k by 60 for minutes remaining.

A bit rough, but good enough.

at least now the Temperature graph reports something useful

Thanks for the tip, worked well.

I symlinked timeleft-battery.rrd to temperature-ups.rrd

I just need to figure out what the k means in the vertical axis of the graph.

Kilowatts ?

But if I try

rm -R /var/log

I get "Device or resource busy" and I can't create a symlink if the directory exists.

exchange line 2. Delete the directory you want to symlink at the command line level (ie, rm -R /var/log)

to do a copy of /var/log to new location, then proceed with step 4 only of KM0201 instructions above.

When that's complete, you can delete the original /var/log directory.

Thanks for the answer about changing com port numbers in windows.

I better rephrase my original question.

How do I pass-through the omv server's usb port to the win7 vm com3 ?

Is there anything required in the win7 vm configuration?

Hello experts,

How do I add a com port (COM3) to a windows 7 vm in the OMV KVM Plugin?

The project overview is connecting a solar inverter to PVOutput.org.

Steps;

Inverter RS 232 port ->

RS232 to USB adapter cable ->

USB plugged into usb port on the OMV server ->

pass through OMV server usb port to win7 vm COM3 ->

run software, PV Bean Counter, outputting data logs to PVOutput.

Final step, figure out things I haven't thought of yet!

have a working system

omv6 is working at present, as for updates, none are showing to know if updating works, should there be any updates available?

The Save and Apply changes in the web ui issue is not happening at present.

I have all of the usual containers up and running at present, without issue.

The only thing that is not configured yet is the Adguardhome instance is not being used as the dns server.

All appears working ok.

Today I'll do the testing of the Adguardhome instance being used as the dns server.

I don't think a container would cause a problem unless it was blocking a port of something in OMV. What containers are you running?

Your output looks like backports are disabled. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

I'm only going on anecdotal evidence, it's all I got at present. The list of containers, of what was running during the "Apply changes" issue is below;

media servers, plex, jellyfin (plex still running now with no problems, jellyfin is not starting for some reason, another thing to fix!)

netdata, server monitoring dashboard (still running now with no problems)

guacamole, made up of guacamole/guacamole, guacamole/guacd & guaca-mysql (still running now with no problems)

dozzle, real time docker container log file viewer (still running now with no problems)

various rclone browser containers being tested (none were running during the issue) (shutdown at present)

speedtest, hourly internet speed test (shutdown at present)

adguardhome, running a macvlan, used as the dns server for lan (running during issue, shutdown at present)

nagios, server log viewer (not running during the issue, shutdown at present)

watchyourlan, compiles a list of devices on lan (may have been running during issue, shutdown at present)

I think the most likely container is adguardhome (and this is my most important one, dns blocking/filtering and device blocking)

omv, System, omv-extras, Settings, Testing repo disabled, Backports enabled

omv, System, Update Management, Settings, Pre-release updates disabled, Community-maintained updates enabled

The Debian backports repos had some packages removed. That is causing this problem. hopefully they are replaced.

Is this a wait and see what happens thing? No kvm plugin until this is resolved?

Want to do the zerotier thing again?

No idea what is causing this.

I think I've isolated the problem to being a docker container.

Tried the old "Get back to basics", stopped all docker containers and rebooted omv, and Apply changes completes in just several seconds now.

Now it's trial and error method to start each container one at a time to see which container causes the omv Apply changes issue.

But

18 updates appeared in omv, so I thought do the updates, get that out of the way (a kvm plugin update was amongst the list of updates).

Rebooted, just to make sure all was running ok in the server.

Noticed the kvm plugin missing from omv Services list, hmm, try installing the plugin again.

When selecting openmediavault-kvm 6.1.23 in System, Plugins and install, I now get an error ending in "you have held broken packages".

Full error message in attached kvm-plugin-install-error.txt

Where do I go from here?

Might I have endd up with a rogue process from a docker container?

Nearly at the end of the line for omv and me...

/usr/bin/salt-call --local saltutil.clear_cache

Ran the above, run time = 1:23 minutes, output below

local:

True

Next I done a test of a "Disable Rsync task, Save, Apply changes", run time = 3:00 minutes then got runtime error, (sorry missed copying displayed error, think it was run time error 500).

omv-salt stage run prepare

Ran the above, run time = 9:00 minutes, output in attached omv-salt stage run prepare.txt

I was going to abort this test at 10 minutes, it just made it in ha.

cat /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json output = none still.

Rebooted omv6

Next I done a test of a "Disable Rsync task, Save, Apply changes", run time = 2:32 minutes to Apply changes

Open WeTTY as root

Next /usr/bin/salt-call --local saltutil.clear_cache, run time = 1:20 minutes to complete, output local: True

Next omv-salt stage run prepare, run time = 7:44 minutes to complete, output see attached omv-salt stage run prepare 2.txt

Next cat /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json output = none still.

Next Enable Rsync task, Save

Next cat /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json output = "rsync"

Next Apply changes, run time = 2:31 minutes to Apply changes completion.

Next cat /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json output = none

That was fast. How about this:

sudo omv-salt deploy run nginx phpfpm

I timed this run, 3:03 minutes in total, but omv-salt deploy run nginx phpfpm output total time = 2.401 s, huh!

Previous omv-salt deploy run hostname run was about 3 minutes also.

These are run from the WeTTY plugin cli, logged in as root.

See attached omv-salt deploy run nginx phpfpm.txt

I have to go out, catch u tomorrow Aaron, thanks for all this help, very very much appreciated.

What about:

omv6 was at a state of no changes made/saved and Apply bar not showing

sudo omv-salt deploy run hostname

debian:

----------

ID: configure_hostname

Function: cmd.run

Name: hostnamectl set-hostname "naso"

Result: True

Comment: unless condition is true

Started: 09:58:50.552618

Duration: 828.226 ms

Changes:

Summary for debian

------------

Succeeded: 1

Failed: 0

------------

Total states run: 1

Total run time: 828.226 ms

I need to see the output before you click apply

I'm not exactly sure what you mean ryecoaaron

I used cat /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json command 3 times,

1. before any change (no apply bar showing), output of cat none

2. after a change is saved, ie rsync task, disable, save (apply bar showing), output of cat "rsync"

3. after Apply changes finished (no apply bar showing), output of cat none.

Is there another sequence I should do this ?