Beiträge von X10ded

Thanks for getting back to me

I would prefer to have it the other way as having OMV as a VM on Windows would lead to more downtime when Windows needs updates etc?

So i think just wondering if virtual box plugin can pass through the gpu? This sounds like the simplest way, for me at least.

I presume hosting os like proxmox/ESXi, but would that allow me to use the vm on that machine?

Bit of background: planning on building a pc for VR, but won't use it all the time as have a laptop i use for everything else (but will use steam in-home streaming for bigger games). So while I'm not on it, it can just tick over

Hi all,

Been snooping round here for a while but first time I need help that I can't find.

I remember this video from LTT where they use Unraid to virtualise a normal desktop environment on top of the NAS: https://youtu.be/dpXhSrhmUXo

Is this possible and what is the best solution with OMV as have had more experience/ interest with it (using Pi4)?

Also, just to confirm, I presume will need 2 GPUs; for OMV gui & plug-ins/docker and the desktop pass through

Apologies if my terminology is wrong as well

Thanks in Advance :thumbup: ,

Matt