Beiträge von mobilomv

Thanks for the answers.

So I got it working now. I actiated the rsync server and I repartitioned and formated the external USB drive.

I don't know which of these actions did it. But on the other hand it is really critical when a wrong setup cleansup the whole system, means deletes the OMV rootfs and boot partitions and all the shared folders which were used as backup sources.

Hello,

I started newly with OMV on a Raspi 4b 4GB. Installation went well and I defined 4 shares for music, movies, ...

I filled the shares and thought about a simple backup solution using another external USB drive.

So I found openmediavault-usbbackup plugin, defined 4 backup tasks and started the first one.

Starting the second one returned immediately an error regarding HTTP ...

Now the Web GUI was no longer responding. I tried to login via SSH, which was immediately denied.

So I powered down the system and tried to restart it. It didn't come up again.

I took the SD card and checked the content. There were 2 partitions boot and rootfs - both EMPTY

I checked my media file which was filled with images, music library, movies - completely EMPTY

same for the target backup drive.

I did a complete re-installation and after finishing up (and backing up the OMV system) I tried the same again - with identical result!!!

Did anyone experience the same issue? If so this plugin should be removed from the list of available extensions.

I think it would be a good one to have and would appreciate if it could be fixed.

Regards

mobilomv