Beiträge von Jerry2840

That worked!

Thank you!

I see this now:

Problem #11: Packages have been held back when updated (typically the kernel)

Solution #11: Run: sudo omv-upgrade

I wonder if that might need some more text, since I didn't find it?

But maybe people will find this thread.

I had these kept back:

The following packages have been kept back:

libcamera-apps-lite userconf-pi

I see 2 updates and when I try and install updates I get:

Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    Calculating upgrade...
    The following packages have been kept back: userconf-pi
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

END OF LINE

I just updated to 6.0.30-1 (Shaitan)

Linux 5.15.32-v8+

BCM2835

Any idea why it shows updates that I can't update?

That worked!

Thank you!

omv-env set OMV_CHRONY_SERVER_POOL_DIRECTIVE pool

monit restart omv-engined

omv-salt stage run prepare

omv-salt stage run deploy

The omv-salt commands take a while to run on my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus.

The omv-salt stage run prepare was like a minute and the omv-salt stage run deploy was almost 6 minutes.

Now my /etc/chrony/chrony.conf

has:

pool us.pool.ntp.org iburst

instead of:

server us.pool.ntp.org iburst

# chronyc sources

MS Name/IP address Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample

===============================================================================

^* ntp.xtom.com 2 7 377 82 +327us[ +408us] +/- 50ms

^- 38.100.216.142 3 7 377 80 +3764us[+3764us] +/- 83ms

^+ 50-203-248-23-static.hfc> 2 7 377 16 +1230us[+1230us] +/- 97ms

^+ 206.81.5.45 2 7 377 16 -518us[ -518us] +/- 76ms

Instead of:

# chronyc sources

MS Name/IP address Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample

===============================================================================

^* ntp2.doctor.com 2 6 17 0 -8580ns[+3049ns] +/- 61ms

I think this was mostly my problem:

Problem #2: I mounted the drive using the command line or GUI tool and I can't pick that drive in the shared folder device dropdown.

Solution #2: Never mount a drive with anything other than the OMV web interface. This creates the necessary database entries to populate the device dropdown.

I had copied the block in /etc/fstab that has the markers # >>> [openmediavault] and I thought I was okay, but obviously not.

The other thing that confused me with the above statements is the GUI, but I guess maybe some people have some kind of GUI.

Things look the same in the OMV web interface, but they aren't. It was as easy as selecting the file system and clicking the Unmount button and applying the changes and then clicking the Mount button and applying the changes.

I still need to finish doing, the other settings, but that was my road block.

Thanks for your help!

I have a Pi running OMV 4 with a USB enclosure with 2 drives, each with their own file system. I am running SMB with drive shares for each.

I am also using rsnapshot.

I would just like to leave the old SD card alone and create a new SD card with the current version of OMV 5 and export the OMV 4 configuration into the OMV 5 one.

Or some how import the existing drives and file systems into the new OMV 5 SD card.

I don't want to lose any data on my drives if I can avoid it, just mount them and share them the same way they exist on OMV 4.

I tried to copy the /etc/fstab and I can mount the drives and I see them under the file systems, but when I try and create shared folders, I don't see anything in the device drop down.

Is it possible to export my configuration from OVM 4 and import it into OMV 5?

It seems like the only way is to start over and format the drives and I would like to not do that.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jerry

I had a similar problem and this helped me.

I was trying to get the window for rsnapshot as big as I could get it so I could do a screen shot and than I could no longer get to the top of the window so that I could move it.

I was using the chrome browser and I went into chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and

unchecked everything but "Cookies and other site data" and changed the "Time range" to "All time" clicked the "Clear Data" button and it fixed it. All the windows inside the Web GUI and now back to their default size.

Thanks for the tip!