Beiträge von grantnlee

Hmm... I can SSH in as root. First looked in /etc/apache2/ and I do see some apache files. So I ran that purge command, but it found nothing to uninstall... See output below.

I find it strange that when I go into a new Incognito window, I am getting a simple 404 error. Would that suggest that the site is not responding to port 80 requests at all? I wonder if I can modify the port on which apache replies to see if that eliminates a conflict

Separately, as I had mentioned, I am not able to SSH into the admin account. SSH'ing in as root, I used OMV-firstaid to change my admin password. But even then, I am still not able to SSH into OMV as admin the admin user. Is that normal?

Hi all,

I have had OMV5 up and running well for months. But suddenly, I can no longer get to the web interface login screen?

OMV boots fine, sharing the IP address (192.168.1.45) to gain access to the web interface.

When I put the IP address into my laptop browser I get a 404 error (using a Chrome Incognito window)

Strangely when I try with Firefox, I get the "Apache2 Ubuntu Default Page". (Not sure if something is cached?)

That said, OMV5 seems to otherwise be up and running just fine. I have it configured, storing and sharing about 500GB of data across two users. Those shares are available, NP. I have deployed Docker and Portainer where I am running several containers, including Ghost, Traefik and Letsencrypt (not currently using Letsencrypt). The Portainer web interface running on OMV is accessible and working just fine. And I can even SSH into OMV using my user accounts. Though I cannot seem to SSH authenticate as the admin. On that last note, I had written all passwords down, but this could still be a user error, I am not sure the cause.

As mentioned there is no OMV web interface being served up whereas the Portainer GUI works fine. Ideas how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
    Jay

Hi folks, hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. New OMV user. I though I had everything under control, but apparently not...

I deployed OMV5 a couple days ago. Super straight forward, methodically following the deployment guide, and I have spent a lot of time reading, watching and learning. I got up and running first on two internal HDDs (OS=sdb and Data=sda). After installation and using the guide, I created an initial file share called Genesis, enabled Samba, and was able to immediately connect to the share from my 2 Mac laptops. I then copied all my data onto that Genesis share and it continues to be working well.

With that all up and running, I then added the external USB HDD (sdc External1TB), formatted it with OMV,create a share on sdc called ExternalBU, and setup an Rsync to backup my data from Genesis over to ExternalBU. This seemed to go smoothly. I was able to configure Rsync with source and target, and run the job. So here are all my drives and mount points:

BUT,.... I have NOT been able to actually mount the ExternalBU share from my two laptops. (I did not try to access the ExternalBU share prior to running Rsync). This is strange and I have tried many different things, using different tools (but primarily the Mac OSX Finder app which continues to readily access the Genesis share). Not understanding why, I then experimented with creating more shares and even another Rsync job. I can't see ANY shares that I have created since the first one, Genesis. Here are all my shares:

And, I've checked the Permissions for each share and they are all the same. I can't connect to any other shares neither with my user account, 'Jay' nor with the 'admin' account. Here's a sample of my Permissions, which work for Genesis but not the other shares:

Regardless of what I try, and how I try to make the connection, I am still ONLY seeing the first share I created, Genesis. I can's see other file shares on the same drive sdb, nor any shares on the external drive sdc...

What am I missing?!

Thanks for your guidance.

Jay