Works for me.

Code
    check process autoshutdown MATCHING autoshutdown.sh
       group root
       start program = "/bin/systemctl restart autoshutdown.service"
       stop program = "/bin/systemctl stop autoshutdown.service"
       depend autoshutdown_bin

check file autoshutdown_bin with path /usr/sbin/autoshutdown.sh

My final problem was that after a shutdown, autoshutdown would die, and fail to restart. I believe I fixed that by creating an /etc/monit/conf.d/autoshutdown that contains

Code
    check process autoshutdown MATCHING autoshutdown.sh
       group root
       start program = "/etc/init.d/autoshutdown start"
       stop program = "/etc/init.d/autoshutdown stop"
       depend autoshutdown_bin

check file autoshutdown_bin with path /usr/sbin/autoshutdown.sh

I recently upgraded from OMV 2.x to OMV 3.0.59. The upgrade went smoothly but autoshutdown isn't hibernating like it used to. I can run pm-hibernate manually, and the box hibernates as expected, so it isn't a kernel or some other issue. Also, if I change the shutdown command from hibernate to shutdown, then box powers off as expected. It's something specific to hibernation.

Looking at the log, I can see the pm-hibernate command get issued, I see processes restarting, so I'm kind of at a loss.

I'm (apparently) running OMV 1.0.24. (Why can't "About" tell the version number, instead of a tag cloud of random libraries? Seriously.)

I've run into a problem mounting my USB drive. Normally, when I plug in the drive and click "File Systems | Mount", OMV looks up the drives UUID, creates a directory named /media/9f-blah-blah-blah and executes `mount -text4 /dev/sdf1 /media/9f-blah-blah-blah`. Now whenever I try to mount the drive, it complains /media/usb0 not existing, so I have to manually create that. Normally, I'd just say "whatever" and leave it at that, but because the drive isn't being mounted under /media/9f-blah-blah-blah, the usbbackup plugin refuses to run, saying it can't find the drive.

Also, if you create /mnt/usb0, "File Systems | Mount" will work, but unmount won't, because it says it can't find the UUID of the drive.

What caused changed the mount point, and how can I fix it?

I'm pretty sure it was working before under 1.0.24 (but I don't really remember), so I'm at a loss. It definitely worked prior to my 1.0.24 upgrade in I guess October according the forum.

I recently upgraded from 0.5 to 1.0.24 , and I'm (trying) to run usbbackup 1.0.2 .

When I was running 0.5, I could run this plugin no problem, but after upgrade, it's failing with:
    /bin/sh: 0: Can't open /rsync-aac0b665-7d09-4053-9691-3336de60452d

The file exists, just not under / (duh), but rather under the more sensible /var/lib/openmediavault/usbbackup.d

I believe this is simply some sort of misconfig, like an envvar isn't being set.

1) has anyone else seen this?
    2) where would the usbbackup script (the one running the stuff under /var/lib/omv/usbbackup.d live?

thanks.

Code
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda1             282G  1.2G  267G   1% /
    tmpfs                 7.8G  8.0K  7.8G   1% /lib/init/rw
    udev                  7.7G  168K  7.7G   1% /dev
    tmpfs                 7.8G     0  7.8G   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                 7.8G  282M  7.5G   4% /tmp
    /dev/md0              5.4T  1.7T  3.8T  31% /media/f9f3cd84-37c7-4da4-a78e-deb23167bd24

I've been running OMV for almost a year now without problems, until this week, when I suddenly started experiencing two problems. I don't know if they're related.

Problem 1: I can no longer log in through the webgui. This is emphatically not a password issue. I haven't touched the webgui admin password since I installed it, and the password is stored in the browser's autocomplete. I have even tried changing the password using omv-firstaid, and I still can not move past the log in screen. Perhaps the oddest part is that I was logged in to the gui when I got logged out (perhaps through inactivity? I'm not entirely sure.) and haven't been able to get back in since. Checking /var/log/apache2/openmediavault-webgui_error.log reveals nothing. It is literally an empty file. error.log doesn't contain anything useful either. Checking /var/log/openmediavault reveals files that haven't been touched since January.

Problem 2: When I mount a share from my mac using AFP, some directories are acting read-only even though they report being RW. Just to be clear, I'm mounting the share as a known user. This user shares the same user name on both my laptop and OMV. On my mac, the directories report as being chmod 775 and having user/group ownership as 'jonathan staff'. SSHing into OMV, I see the directories with permissions 'drwxrwsr-x' with ownership 'jonathan photos' Exactly as expected. These permissions are recursive through the share, and report the same from both the mac and from the OMV shell. For some set of directories (and I don't understand what the membership function is) I can use the mac to create files in the directory, and in others I can't. (e.g. "touch: asdf: Permission denied") I haven't had this problem before. In fact right before this started, I had just written files into those directories earlier that night.

Desperate for straws to grab, I tried omv-update, and packages got updated. Trying omv-update again just now I got "E: Invalid operation DPkg::Options::=--force-confdef", but trying `apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade`worked, but it didn't fix anything. FWIW I have OMV 0.5.53 installed. I don't even know how to begin debugging this, since I can't even find a reasonable log message.

Any help? Thanks.

When I log in to admin gui, I get the yellow "Your configuration has changed, you must apply them," bar.

I have no idea what the changes are. Whatever I did, it has long since been forgotten. So I hit apply, and I get the error:

"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; monit restart collectd 2>&1': /etc/monit/monitrc:46: Error: service name conflict, fs_media_93b392a1-99ac-4150-9d70-b43b24441bd4 already defined '/media/93b392a1-99ac-4150-9d70-b43b24441bd4'"

Hmmm... Fire up vi, and kill all the sections that refer to 93b392, hit apply, and still no luck, but the sections are back.

It appears that OMV is trying to add the same section twice to monitrc, which of course doesn't work. Unfortunately, I can't OMV to simply revert the changes, or tell it that the changes have already been applied. Any help?

Here's sections in the bogus monitrc:

I'm installing front theopenmediavault 0.5.0.24_amd64 from a USB thumb drive onto a system sata disk on an Asus H87I-Plus MB.

I'm running into 2 problems.

First, whenever the installation is complete, the system reboots, but then no bootable drives are found.

Second, If I go to reinstall again onto the system drive, it fails because "there's not enough space on disk" and so it fails to repartition or do anything else. Trying to mount the disk from the root shell looks weird because I guess frisk isn't looking a GPT partition table or something. It's very strange.

In the end, I have to constantly pull the drive and put it into a different machine and then erase the partition table.

I don't even know what to look for, since the install process is highly linear and then just says "success".