Beiträge von eBomber

Hello,
    today it has appeared to me the same error:

Code
    /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
    Usage: /etc/init.d/rsyslog {start|stop|rotate|restart|force-reload|status}
    invoke-rc.d: initscript rsyslog, action "reload" failed.
    error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/transmissionbt.log'

for information, my /etc/logrotate.d/transmissionbt:

Finally updated to 1.0.21 !!

After multiple attempts and despite the aid of this post and
    Error-with-upgrade-from-0-5-5x-to-1-0-E-Invalid-operation-DPkg-Options-force-con/
    If-omv-update-gives-an-error/
    could not update.

Finally noting that all the errors came because it lacked a file:
    /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authnz_external.load

I copied /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authnz_default.load as authnz_external.load

I ran the following command:

Code
    apt-get-yes --yes --force --auto --fix-missing-remove-unauthenticated --allow \ - show-upgraded --option DPkg :: Options :: = "- force-confold" \ --option DPkg :: Options :: = "- force-confdef" dist-upgrade

and finally updated !!

Reboot, I have access webgui, I set small details and install some plugins and it seems that everything works properly.

I figure these days have been crazy, it's a big change.
    Thanks again for your great work and the support of the team of moderators.

Thanks tekkb

I get this error after the first command:

I tried the second and I get similar errors :|

Here it is:

Thank you for the support Solo0815 !

If I'm not mistaken, this:

Code
    apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && omv-update

ensures that we are on the latest version 0.5.5X
    and that:

Code
    omv-release-upgrad

is the command that actually update OMV 1.0

my question is: should not run the second command until the first one does not give any error?
    i.e., trying what you state: If omv-update gives an error ...

because both commands give me the following error:

Code
    ERROR: Site openmediavault-website does not exist!
    apache2: Syntax error on line 203 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authnz_external.load: No such file or directory

Thanks WastIJ !

If I remember right, I did it, but don't have the result now
    I try the command again and put the result.
    Now is a little more difficult because I can't access via SSH :(

News:
    after a shutdown, boot into recovery mode and reboot again, now I'm running OMV and services: SSH, SMB, Plex, Transmission ... but no webgui
    I guess there is a problem with apache because I've seen an error like: could not open a configuration file ...

I tried:

Code
    apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated \--show-upgraded --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" \--option DPkg::Options::="--force-confdef" dist-upgrade

and I get this:

I tried to upgrade to version 1.0 but I have not succeeded.

Following the instructions, by running:

apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && omv-update 

ends with the following error:

Code
    Reading package lists ... Done 
    E: Invalid operation DPkg :: Options :: = - force-confdef

after:

omv-release-upgrade 

ends with the following errors:

Actually it has not been updated and still on 0.5.58.
    But now I not have webgui or ssh access

For the first error I've tried to apply this solution Error with upgrade from 0.5.5x to 1.0: E: Invalid operation DPkg::Options::=--force-confdef but without success.

Any ideas, steps to update (I'm quite newbie in linux)?

Solved after inactivating the service, reboot the server and activate the service again.

SAI log before:

Code
    Feb  9 21:55:11 NAS02 upsmon[9122]: Poll UPS [ups@localhost] failed - Driver not connected
    Feb  9 21:55:16 NAS02 upsmon[9122]: Poll UPS [ups@localhost] failed - Driver not connected
    Feb  9 21:55:21 NAS02 upsmon[9122]: Poll UPS [ups@localhost] failed - Driver not connected
    Feb  9 21:55:26 NAS02 upsmon[9122]: Poll UPS [ups@localhost] failed - Driver not connected

SAI log after:

Code
    Feb 10 10:44:22 NAS02 upsd[17788]: Connected to UPS [ups]: usbhid-ups-ups
    Feb 10 10:44:22 NAS02 upsd[17789]: Startup successful
    Feb 10 10:44:22 NAS02 upsmon[17791]: Startup successful
    Feb 10 10:44:22 NAS02 upsd[17789]: User monmaster@127.0.0.1 logged into UPS [ups]

I have the same error after upgrading NUT to 0.5.9

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'upsc ups 2>&1': Error: Driver not connected' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/nut.inc:151
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceNetworkUPSTools->getStats(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStats', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Nut', 'getStats', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}
    Zitat von "scoobynz"

I note the discussion on using a SSD for the system drive. What is the prime reason for this? Speed? Energy Use? or just because it frees an additional bay for an additional drive in the RAID cluster?

In my case mainly have a bay to one HDD more, but as noted also tekkbebe low power, speed ...

Zitat von "voyage365"

Great!

I'm holding off with SMB for awhile, but I noticed that when enabling SMB I got two different entries for the server in my network (while AFP was off).
    There's the regular PC Monitor as icon and another with an old CRT with bluescreen or something like that. Find it annoying that there are two. Any idea why?

What are the performance gains compared to AFP btw? Couldn't find any figures.

Hi voyage365,
    disable Network/Service discovery/SMB/CIFs, then you got one entry for the OMV server
    but perhaps, MAC OS X take longer to find the server

First, Happy New Year!
    and thank you for your answers.

Finally I decided to install an SSD in the OMV.
    As OMV does not occupy much I chose the smallest I've found, a Kingston 30GB SSDNow 200:

Now installed a fourth disc and expanding the current three RAID.

Hello from a newbie in OMV
    I am launching my new NAS with OMV replacing my, outdated, QNAP TS209

My setup is a HP Proliant 54L with 2Gb memory and four 1TB WD HDD
    Right now I'm using the 250GB HDD that came with the 54L for the OS and three HDD in RAID5.
    When I transferred all the data from my old NAS I will add the fourth for a total of 3TB

I am also considering installing the OS on a SSD, since it is not recommended on a USB stick
    Obviously, any suggestion/recommendation is welcome.

Cheers