Beiträge von thfreight

can someone explain me this?

If you mean the "SparesMissing Event" message, I think you can check your configure file at:

/etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

If you find

"spares=1"

Then just move it. Hope this can solve your problem.

mdadm just add this option sometimes when replacement of hard disk.

I’m not 100% sure what exactly is being asked here but port 80 will show closed because it’s LISTEN. If you want to see the name of the service using that port you can use

Code
    sudo netstat -ltnp | grep -w ‘:80’

or

sudo netstat -ltnp | grep 80

be sure to use sudo to see the service name. The -w just means to read the string exactly. i.e. only return port 80.

The next command shows anything with an 80 in it.

Hi jfirestorm44, thanks for your reply.

My question is, the autoshutdown just shutdown the machine even though the port 80 is still connecting. I listed 80 in the detect list but autoshutdown failed to detect it as active.

Back to your code I got the below result:

Code
    root@omv5:~# sudo netstat -ltnp | grep -w ':80'
    tcp6       0      0 :::80                   :::*                    LISTEN      1006/nginx: master  

I think it shows us the connection by nginx is still there.

Actually the container ports are not recognized. I looked at the output of the command ss -n, which is used by the autoshutdown command for port activity detection. The ports for my containers don't appear there. I will have a look at the docker documentation to see if I can find some advice there.

Yes, you are right, I found this problem too.

Hope someone can fix it.

Hi, the raid is still here but in inactive status. It is easy to recover with below commands:

Code
     mdadm --stop /dev/md0
     mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 --uuid=791d5068:980fb9e9:3729dd39:f33f2a59
     cat /proc/mdstat

If the you can read the status of raid is going to "active" at third step, you will read the raid on omv again in degraded status. Then you can recover your raid on web GUI of OMV again.

Keep in mind that never restart or shutdown the machine when you got the disk trouble. You have to remove the bad disk in the web GUI first, afterword you can shutdown the machine and change the physical disk.

Good luck

Hi, I read something before to solve this problem. You have to stop the raid and then assemble it again. The procedure is:

1. Check UUID of md127

Code
    mdadm --details /dev/md127

You will see a UUID of raid and record it.

2. Stop the raid.

Code
    mdadm --stop /dev/md127

Now you will see the raid is stopped.

3. Reassemble it again.

Code
    mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 --uuid=XXXXXXXXXX

You will read from screen that the raid has been started again.

Now you may see the raid on omv.

In case you can't read it, just try the third step again with below command:

Code
    mdadm --assemble /dev/md0 --uuid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Good luck.

Hi, I can't read your log because I don't have the code to enter it. However I just want to know if you turn on the Fake Mode? If yes, try to turn it off. Fake Mode is a virtual mode but don't turn off the machine actually.

Hope to help you.

Hi guys,

I am total newbie at OMV. I like it very much after I installed it on my physical machine. The major function I would like to use is Autoshutdown as I am a poor student. Save money is important for me. After configuration, it works perfect. However I found that the port 80 was not detected as active even though I still worked on web gui site too. So I searched some forum and used below command to check the port:

"ss -n | grep ESTAB | grep :80"

I got the below result:

ESTAB 0 0 [::ffff:192.168.0.34]:80 [::ffff:192.168.0.177]:55756

Then I checked the log and find the below command was executed by OMV:

"ss -n | grep ESTAB | grep 192.168.0.34:80"

Of course the output is nothing and OMV didn't detect anything on port 80.

I thought that's the reason that OMV machine was going to shutdown when I still used web GUI too.

I searched again and can't find any answer for it. Can any one help me for this matter?

Thank you in advance.

Simon