Beiträge von newspace

After a lot of trying I found the reason by chance. And it's quite a stupid one:

When creating a shared folder you're asked for a name. If you enter i.e. "pictures" OMV automatically suggests a path on the selected device called "/pictures". If you accept as is, OMV will create a new folder called "pictures" and of course it's empty!. The solution was to simply set the batch as "/" referring to the root of the device and voila, I was now able to see all my files...

Thanks for the support anyways!

I have the exact same issue.with my RasPi4 and OMV5 when installing the docker image "5:19.03.13~3-0~debian-buster".

During the installation at some point I receive the following error:

In the OMV-Extras I set the IP tables to legacy.

Zitat

lsmod | grep table

delivers this result

Code
    nf_tables             143360  0
    nfnetlink              16384  1 nf_tables
    ip_tables              28672  0
    x_tables               32768  1 ip_tables

Zitat

sudo modprobe iptable_nat

shows

Code
    modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/5.4.51-v7l+/modules.dep.bin'
    modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_nat not found in directory /lib/modules/5.4.51-v7l+

When clicking on restart in OMV, I receive the following error message again and again:

Docker storage is /var/lib/docker.

The folder permissions look a bit restrictive. Could that be the problem?

Code
    drwx--x--x 11 root    root    4096 Oct 28 22:45 docker

Any other ideas?

Due to a couple of reasons I have exchanged my BananaPi with a RasPi4 8GB with a new SD card. Hoping that OMV now finally works I installed it with the same HDDs. Yet, the result is exactly the same. I can't see any of the data on the drives with SMB.

The issue is still not solved but I have found out some details:

- FTP only works only on 1 exfat share (TOSHIBA). The other 3 are also acccessible but empty

- When connecting via SSH directly on the server as root or pi I can see all files on the shares

- TOSHIBA has the same file / folder permissions on the server than i.e. Elements1, both belong to root:root. Acc. to this privileges-and-permissions-explained-under-omv OMV usually asks for root:users. Yet, even as root I'm not allowed to change it.

Hi all,

some days ago I‘ve installed OMV for the first time to have a powerful solution to manage my NAS. I‘ve installed OMV 5.5.2-1 on a Banana Pi with Armbian buster (Linux 5.4.43-sunxi). Everything is up-to-date. The Pi was freshly set-up for OMV.

I‘ve connected 2 external hard drives via USB to the Pi. They are found and the file systems mounted, referenced and online. The file systems are NTFS and exfat. Both already did have files on them which I now want to share in a network with linux and widons laptops. Everybody should have full read and write access.

My problem is that the SMB shares can be seen, but all shares appear empty. This is the case when viewing them from a windows 10 laptop as well as from my Ubuntu laptop.

In OMV I've just a user and a group called „pi“. The shared folders (3 on one drive, and 1 on the second) are have read/write permissions for user „pi“. The relative path is “/“ as I want to see the whole partitions. For the SMB options, I‘ve selected the options „guest allowed“, „read only = no“ and „browsable = yes“. Sendfile and asynchronous I/O support are enabled.

Log level is set to debug, but all log files are 0 bytes. So unfortunately no detailed error information is available.

Does anyone have an idea? Everything looks good. The Samba config files also seem ok. FTP works without problems.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Bastian