Beiträge von ks4z

Hi guys,

my system has a problem with bind mounting an exported directory into export/

My setup is:

I have an exported directory, residing on a union file system, comprising two disks (the data disks of a SnapRaid)

Adding this to the nfs exports works fine. The new nfs share is in /etc/exports and in /etc/fstab a new entry is added that binds the directoy to a mount point in /export

And here is now the problem

mount -a works like a charm. After that the directory is bound and accessible, clients can access it via nfs.

Until I do a reboot. After the reboot the bind mount is gone. My assumption is that systemd does not correctly detect the dependency between the fuse file system and the bind mount, or the fuse mount takes too long.

systemctl status export-Data.mount gives me "code=exited status=32"

I already tried to add a x-systemd.requires= to the bind mount, but that didn't help. Since the line is auto-generated anyway, this would only be a interim solution.

In syslog I found entries that suggest that the export mount is started even before the underlying disks are mounted.

The relevant parts look like:

Do you have any suggestions what I could try or look at in order to solve the issue?

Thanks

ks4z