Beiträge von B_Hay

Hello, I am looking for a Document management system and I was hoping Openmediavault would have a plugin for that since I already run OMV. Looking through the plugins I don't see anything that would meet my needs. I am looking for something that will store my documents, give the ability to lock the document and allow for check in/check out and the ability to document what was changed on each revision. Is anybody working on such a plugin?

No, you either use omvhostname:portnumber or ipaddressomv:port number, that's it, the port number being the one you set up.
    I can RDP from W10 or Mint.
    EDIT; I may have misunderstood....so from OMV you select the VB plugin, then on the menu bar click phpVirtualBox and you're getting that login error?

OMG!!! Thank you for that...I just realized i was using the OMV box IP address and not the IP address of the WIndows VM...it's one of those days. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

I had the same problem if you search the forum the solution is to run the following from command line;
    VBoxManage extpack uninstall VNC

I think I restarted OMV, although disable...save...apply then enable may also work....BTW for me after that the console worked as well.

Tried the above command, rebooted the machine, and disabled the virtualbox plugin, applied changes, then re-enabled the virtualbox plugin and saved changes from within OMV admin panel dashboard thing as well and I still can't connect. the error i get in the connection log is:

"connecting to sesman ip 127.0.0.1 port 3350, sesman connect ok, sending login info to session manager, please wait....,xrdp_mm_process_login_response: login failed"

i checked my auth.log, and I am seeing some xrdp entries:

"check pass; user unknown
    authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost="

Do i need to do some more configuring? Am I connecting incorrectly? I am trying to connect from a WIndows 7 desktop. In the windows Remote Desktop i enter the user name and password I use to login to the VM WIndows 7, I would assume that's correct.

I created a Windows 7 VM with Virtualbox on a separate machine. I copied it over to my new OMV installation with the Virtualbox plugin installed. When i created the VM earlier in the week (not in OMV) i was able to connect to it through remote desktop from a separate computer. I can connect to the VM through vnc, but not RDP. I have all the remote connection settings on the VM set the same as before, i even disabled the firewall thinking it was a windows firewall issue. If anybody could shed some light on my problem I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Brian

Hello, I tried to run apt-get upgrade and i get the following output in the cli:

so i tried to remove clamav-daemon by apt-get -f remove clamav-daemon which gave me this output:

so i tried to reinstall clamav-daemon with apt-get install clamav-daemon which gave me this output:

so i tried apt-get -f and i get this:

I'm not sure what is going on here. I have been trying every combination of apt-get -f remove, apt-get autoremove, apt-get -f autoremove, apt-get purge, apt-get -f purge imaginable and i still can't get rid of clamav. Any suggestions or a point in the direction of previous posts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

Zitat

Please post your /etc/clamav/clamd.conf file.

Sorry, i got distracted. Here is my clamd.conf file:

Hello, I am running the most recent version of OMV and I tried to add some extra options to the antivirus plugin. After clicking save, and applying the changes i get the attached error message. I checked my syslog and I don't see anything that seems like it relates to applying changes to the antivirus plugin. Any help, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brian.

Hello, I just got done re-installing OMV. After creating my Logical volumes and creating file systems on those volumes i remembered something that bugged me. Sometimes i have to ssh into my OMV box to manually adjust, tweak, etc files that are located under these file systems. The mount point (directories) are named by their UUID and it makes it hard for me to find what i am looking for so i ls into each directory until i find the one i want. Is there a way for me to change the mount point (directory) names to something more meaningful so when i ls into /media/ i don't see the UUID labels for directory names? I was going to start tweaking with the fstab but i seem to remember any changes i make to that are over written by OMV. I don't want to make soft links to the directories. If anybody has already solved this or knows of a forum thread that explains this please reply with the link. I tried googling for the answer but i get a lot of information not related to OMV. Thanks, and I appreciate the help.

Brian.

Ok I'm back....that was one long vacation. Anyway, i changed the shared directory permissions as described above and reset the ACL's of the same directory as shown above. Logged back into OMV with admin credentials and double checked permissions. My user had read/write permissions to the directory but now i can no longer mount the smb share. I didn't have time to dig in anymore, but i will post more tomorrow. any suggestions as to what i should be looking for. i plan on checking the syslog again to see if its password issues again or something else.

I am curious about the password sync. Are you sure you're up to date with OMV?

I looked at my dashboard this morning and i am running 1.0.31. I am able to change passwords within the web interface and mount my samba share. I'm pretty sure my password sync issue has been resolved, running smbpasswd at the command line seems to have fixed it.

I haven't got around to reseting my ACLs and setting my permissions correctly. My weekend starts after work today so I probably won't get time to do that until next week. After i get everything reset i will report back.

Also, getting back to my question about connecting to a samba share on linux and windows. Am i going to create problems if i connect to the same share in both environments with the same username i setup in OMV? What kinds of problems will it create?

Thanks for all your help.

Zitat

But in your case i am curious about the password issue sync. Passwords should be the same, omv and samba.

I was curious about that too, i thought the issue was caused by upgrading to OMV 1.0...but i did a clean install, i did not do a distribution upgrade so all the users were created from scratch. I will do some more testing after work, but I'm pretty sure after i used smbpasswd to change the password everything seems to be working fine. i changed the password again in the web interface and i was able to mount the share on my linux machine. I will change the password some more times tonight after work and post my results.

My next question for you was, how do i reset ACL's. Thank you for sharing the steps. I will also do that tonight after work as well. This time i will log in with both my linux and windows machine.

One other question, if i have documents in my share that i want to access with both my linux machine and windows machine how would i set that up. Would webdav be better in that instance rather than a samba share?

Again, thank you for all your help. I seriously appreciate it.

Zitat

Ok identical usernames provide conflict in Guest allowed (or guest only) option usage.

I never use the guest option.

Zitat

Windows always send the logged username credentials first

Are you telling me that Windows will first send the credentials of the user logged in first? For example if i am logged in to my windows machine as John Doe, username: john, password: 1234, windows will try to mount the share with username: john, password: 1234?

Zitat

In a windows environment when you setup your account in your installation process. If I recall you usually give a Full Name (let's say John Doe) and username (jdoe). This short username is by any chance the same as for example the ones in OMV?

On my OMV server, i created a user brian. On my linux machine, i setup my user account with full name Brian Hayward, username brian. On my windows machine, i again setup the user account with full name Brian Hayward, but i am unsure of what my username is, i've never been curious enough to check. I will do that after work as well. Lets say that my windows machine was set up with full name John Doe, username john, but i mount my samba share with username brian, will i not be able to mount the share? Will permissions get screwed up? what problems might arise doing that?

Zitat

This one in our guides section Privileges and permissions explained under OMV

Thank you for the link to the guides section, i didn't think about checking the forum for guides...boy is my face red....

Zitat

If you have omv-extras, you can submit a log report in the system information section, support info and send, post the ID here so I can take a look.

I have the omv-extras activated so i will work on getting you the log file later tonight or early tomorrow morning

Zitat

EDIT: This is important, by any chance your client (laptop, pc with windows) connecting to OMV has windows user2? or are u under user2 username in windows?

Sorry, but i got confused by this question so i will give information on what i think you are asking. I use user2 as my username when i mount the share on my linux machine, windows 7 and windows XP machines. user3 always mounts the share in windows Vista (and someday soon, windows 8). does it create problems mounting the share using the same username with both windows and linux?

GOT IT!!!!! I used the smbpasswd to change the password of user2, i couldn't mount the share though, but the syslog on the the server didn't tell me that my password was wrong this time. Also, i couldn't log into the web interface any longer. so i logged in as admin, and changed user2's password from the web interface, and again tried to mount the share. same thing happened, permission was denied but the server didn't tell me my password was wrong, so the new issue is permissions. I double checked my permissions and i guess they were all jacked up. To get everything to work i had to change the permissions of the top level directory that my users home directory sit under. Under the ACL tab in the access rights management area, i changed the user/group permissions for user2 and user3 to read/write, then under extra options owner is of course root, with read/write/execute, group is users with read only, and others no access. This made everything work fine, but i am confused as to why i had to change permissions of the the top level directory first. I was under the impression the home directory permissions were all i had to worry about. any insigt on that issue?

Sorry for the late reply. It was a long weekend and I was trying some different things.

I looked at the smb.conf file and the correct user names were listed under the share. I even restarted the samba service and still can't mount my share. I even tried changing my password and it still won't work. I created a new user and tried to mount that share but that didn't work, which is a whole other issue that i will have to start a new thread for, but I'm pretty confident the share isn't configured correctly.

What else can i check. I keep checking the syslog and it doesn't tell me anything super useful. I change the logging level to debug and the output totally confuses me. Would some log entries from debug level help? again, thanks for all the help.