Posts by HackitZ

wow i'm having such a hard time getting this all setup.
    here's where im at.

1. duckdns setup and working

2. letsencrypt setup and working, except i was unable to add the extra arg --network my-net. left it out and i could save.
    error was:conflicting options: cannot attach both user-defined and non-user-defined network-modes.

3. nextcloud was working without letsencrypt, so i changed the settings in config to match new login info. at this point i had no errors per say but i was unable to load nextcloud, i was stuck at the welcome to our server page.
    i re watched the guide and realized i forgot to add the --network my-net into nextcloud. so i try to add --network my-net into extra args (second option from the bottom, tdl guide just says bottom) and was presented with the same error as i received in letsencrypt.
    error:conflicting options: cannot attach both user-defined and non-user-defined network-modes.

So at this point i tried to hit cancel in the nextcloud settings, the window closed and now nextcloud does not show up in running docker images.
    My question is how do i know it's gone? i restarted omv, still not showing up. do i need to start over with nextcloud? or is it like a ghost and just, i dont know hiding.
    Thanks

Ok I'm a dumb ass.
    I changed my router setup to a mesh system about 2 months ago.
    I had gone in and edited my conf file and it turns out i edited the wrong file. so nextcloud is working now.
    Thanks for the help and time you took to lend a hand.

I have a question though,
    i have been using dyndns for years, do i need a docker plugin for dyndns to work?
    also does anyone pay for an ssl? i know ill forget down the road and would rather just pay.
    FYI, if you have not heard of google takeout, go check it out. this will allow you to move your google info to a new cloud service.

Yeah I just thought of that before I posted. I couldn't remember. But I have docker image for let's encrypt.
    So I'm thinking I didn't set it up, with that said. Chrome says my certificate has expired. But I can't find one.

Sent from my S10 using my thumbs, with tapatalk.

ok,
    So way back i used tdl guide on youtube, please dont ask to go look in the youtube thread. tdl just says to come here.

Ok so i opened docker and stopped nextcloud and then stopped mariadb. in that order.
    I then change the permission to nextcloud using ssh. i changed them to 775.
    I then statred mariadb and then started nextcloud.
    I'm still unable to load the sign in page, i'm met with a 504 timed out error.
    As i'm reading more, it seems i might be better off scraping my nextcloud and starting over.
    Is this guide complete and working?
    nextcloud omv guide.

to fix the issue, i re installed nextcloud, letsencrypt, amd mariadb.
    I followed this guide and it worked perfectly.
    Don't let the command line scare you, it's not that hard.

Hi All,

I have been away for a while and was not using my nextcloud for sometime (maybe 2 months).
    I tried to open the web gui the other day and i get a 504 error on the page. (made sure time the zone was setup properly in omv, saw this an a fix. does nexcloud in docker have a time zone setting?)
    I have checked the settings in mariadb and nextcloud and they seem to be correct.
    i have restarted the both images in docker, still the same.
    i have read the logs and it seems i have a connection issue between nextcloud and the mariadb. i'll post the logs.
    Hopefully someone can lend me hand.

mariadb log

Nexctloud logs

For the big int conversion the easiest way is to login to nextcloud as admin install the occ web app and execute this command occ db:convert-filecache-bigint

Thanks so much, didn't realise occ web was a shell inside next cloud.
    is it normal to not see what's happening? it just says it could take hours.

Hi
    I followed the tdl life video to install nextcloud.
    all seemed to go good, but when i log in and check overview i have some recommendations to fix.

There are some warnings regarding your setup.

• The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips ↗.

• Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation.
    • Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation.

Some columns in the database are missing a conversion to big int. Due to the fact that changing column types on big tables could take some time they were not changed automatically. By running 'occ db:convert-filecache-bigint' those pending changes could be applied manually. This operation needs to be made while the instance is offline. For further details read the documentation page about this.[*]filecache.mtime
    [*]filecache.storage_mtime
    [/list]Can someone point me in the right direction on how to edit what needs to be edited.

Hi

Ok i have been asking over at the plex forums and have a tempo fix, but was advised to look for a permanent fix here.
    Here's my issue
    i have plex working all my data is showing and up to date.
    if i try to play music or movies i get: Conversion failed. The transcoder exited due to an error.

In the plex forum i was advised to change noexec to exec in fstab on one of my media drives. i was also told this is a temp fix

Here's how i setup plex
    under Volume and bind mount table i have /media set to /sharedfolders.
    This was the only way i could get plex to see my movies, MMA, kids Movies and music folders.
    All my media is spread over 3 drives.
    I have tried to add /media /movies, /media /movies2, /media /kids moves under Volume and bind mount table and so on but the container errors out. which closes the container and i have to re add plex.

in the plex forum i was advised to ask,
    how to make the required changes to /etc/default/openmediavault and /etc/openmediavault/config.xml such that data drives are mounted exec.

Thanks for any and all help.

Hi,
    I set up docker and use the run cmd option on the docker page in omv.
    when i run,
    docker exec -u abc -it beets /bin/bash -c 'beet import /downloads'
    OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:345: starting container process caused "exec: \"docker\": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown

I'm sure its a path issue or should the command be run from ssh?
    i have tried ssh, it says command not found.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You'll need to do better than this.

Learn how to copy text from the shell and paste it into a forum post.

And where are the edits for the flashmemory plugin?

So i did copy from shellinabox, but when you do that, the formating (spacing) is fixed.
    the reason for taking a picture was to show how nano is displaying the text. so one of my tries was to fix all the extra spacing in nano. it did not work.
    As for what i added,
    UUID=7db5d975-3ca4-4e86-81bc-ae100d566723 / ext4 noatime,nodiratime, errors=remount-ro 0 1

#UUID=7fe45950-2f76-40a6-885f-2a55ed7a0bd0 none swap sw 0 0

i have only added the lines as per the guide, i do understand that it's most likely me making an error. but after 4 failed attempts. i thought maybe the plugin was messed up. (highly doubt that).
    As i do have omv setup and working again, i'm very nervous to mess it up.

Fyi, this all started because i thought my old ssd drive failed. omv was running for years with no issue's. it turned out my 7 or 8 year old motherboard was the issue. i bring this up as i have used the flash plugin in the past and had no issue's.

ok just tried to use shell in a box. i'm guessing when i add noatime,nodiratime, it's messing up the formating.

here's a picture of the ssh window. notice the spacing.

So it does show.

You can do df -h
    If you see folder2ram entries in the list, the plugin is working.

root@MEDIA-SERVER:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /dev
    tmpfs 792M 11M 781M 2% /run
    /dev/sdc1 102G 7.5G 90G 8% /
    tmpfs 3.9G 8.0K 3.9G 1% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /tmp
    /dev/sdf1 2.7T 404G 2.3T 15% /sharedfolders/Media
    /dev/sdd1 2.7T 2.2T 452G 83% /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Movies
    /dev/sde1 2.8T 906G 1.9T 33% /sharedfolders/Movies3
    /dev/sda1 2.8T 1.2T 1.6T 42% /sharedfolders/Movies2
    /dev/sdb1 932G 411G 521G 45% /sharedfolders/Backups
    overlay 102G 7.5G 90G 8% /var/lib/docker/overlay2/ca115c8b6ae0c123c8f7a92b52d108d26e77d045d7f9c01511c296d838de8848/merged
    overlay 102G 7.5G 90G 8% /var/lib/docker/overlay2/80050409b150f1d8634df6bc5eca8aaf256c59be14a7992e0690ba2efa514d2e/merged
    shm 64M 0 64M 0% /var/lib/docker/containers/e90afa78321fd42de1cbd733ec2be8eb4a0c38e195876cfeb7e0ed4e939ba941/mounts/shm
    shm 64M 0 64M 0% /var/lib/docker/containers/41792a1077357459e094bc16f7f7b1e569d4fdd02a3017c155898addcecf69c3/mounts/shm
    folder2ram 3.9G 22M 3.9G 1% /var/log
    folder2ram 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /var/tmp
    folder2ram 3.9G 752K 3.9G 1% /var/lib/openmediavault/rrd
    folder2ram 3.9G 1.4M 3.9G 1% /var/spool
    folder2ram 3.9G 14M 3.9G 1% /var/lib/rrdcached
    folder2ram 3.9G 28K 3.9G 1% /var/lib/monit
    folder2ram 3.9G 4.0K 3.9G 1% /var/lib/php
    folder2ram 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /var/lib/netatalk/CNID
    folder2ram 3.9G 420K 3.9G 1% /var/cache/samba
    root@MEDIA-SERVER:~#

ok so here's the instructions from the plug in

Fstab (/etc/fstab) needs to be changed manually. Following these steps to change:[list=1][*]Login as root locally or via ssh[*]Execute the following command: [b]nano /etc/fstab[/b][*]Add noatime and nodiratime to root options. See before and after example lines:BEFORE:UUID=ccd327d4-a1ed-4fd2-b356-3b492c6f6c34 / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1AFTER:UUID=ccd327d4-a1ed-4fd2-b356-3b492c6f6c34 / ext4 noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro 0 1[*]Comment out the swap partition. See before and after example lines (only need to add a # to beginning of the line):BEFORE:UUID=a3c989d8-e12b-41d3-b021-098155d6b21b none swap sw 0 0AFTER:#UUID=a3c989d8-e12b-41d3-b021-098155d6b21b none swap sw 0 0[*]Ctrl-o to save[*]Ctrl-x to exit[*]Reboot[/list]

When i login through putty ssh.
    I run nano /etc/fstab

when the nano editor opens, i can see the lines i need to edit, not sure if this matters but the spacing in nano is not neat, lots of spaces between each item.

so i have tried several times editing both lines (reinstall each time it fails) with the same result, the system loads but when i log in i get pop ups that say's failed to connect to socket, no such file or directory.
    If i'm not explaining this well, sorry. if you need more info let me know.

Thanks for the help.
    I reinstalled, the same thing happened 3 times in a row after 3 fresh installs. Not sure what I was doing wrong.
    So I installed the flash drive plugin, but did not do the commands, I'm assuming the commands are extra settings. The plugin is installed, so it should already be working.
    Am I correct with this logic?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk