Posts by 0rtega

I simply use it to connect an external DIY box via the N54L esata port (it can address 5 external hard drives).
    The port multiplier costs 25$, a Pci sata controller with 5 sata ports costs way much more.
    The way I use it, make off-site backups, the port multiplier is perfect even if the performance are not so good.

In my opinion the BananaPi with a sata port supporting the port multiplier, would be a perfect OMV low energy nas.

Thank you very much, now I have understood the problem (at least on my own machines, I don't know if there is a bug in OMV).

To reproduce the problem on my systems:

- connect external hard drive.
    - on the webgui -> Storage -> File Systems
    - push the button "Mount"
    - push the button "Unmount" (in config.xml the section of the unmounted hard drive disappears)
    - push (again) the button "Mount" (in config.xml the section of the unmounted hard drive reappears with "hidden" = 1)

After pushing the "Mount" button I have the error message.

If I edit che config.xml changing the "hidden" value from 1 to 0 then I can push the yellow "Apply" button without the error message. Now the hard drive is mounted correctly.

Thanks again Solo.

I have tested both my OMV boxes and I have always this error:

I tested both my machines:
    omv-mkconf fstab + reboot -> error
    omv-mkconf fstab + mount -a -> error
    omv-mkconf fstab + reboot + mount -a -> error

The only way to mount my two backup hard drives is booting the machines with Parted Magic.

Edit: Modified directly the fstab file adding this string:

Code
    UUID=cecc979d-ee30-428e-aa84-826260112a19 /media/cecc979d-ee30-428e-aa84-826260112a19 ext4 defaults,nofail,acl,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group

Code
    mount -a

Now the hard drive is mounted

I have the same problem when I try to mount an external hard drive to make my weekly off-site backup (I have tried to connect via esata and via usb)

Here my code from "support info"

Code
    WwnOKsuy

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.S.:
    I don't know if this is the right thread, I have found a similar thread here

I've managed to define my installation:
    - Asrock Q1900-ITX
    - be quiet! Pure Power L8-<b>350W</b> -&gt; I think 350W are enough for this MOBO + 4 hdd + 2xRAM + PCIe + etherneth
    - 2 x Corsair Ddr3 1333Mhz 4Gb 204 Sodimm
    - DeLOCK 95233 -&gt; Mini PCIE to 2x SATA 3, I'll…

Good setup, very interesting the DeLOCK 95233. I had no idea that there were this type of adapter, thanks :thumbup:

Just my 2 cents...
    I would buy 3x4Tb HDD (one WD red, one Seagate Nas and one HGST NAS)
    If you will use the drives in RAID/SnapRAID you can buy another 4Tb drive later and expand the filesystem.

Per esperienza personale ti consiglio di non prendere tutti i dischi della stessa marca/modello... :)