Beiträge von ftr

Are there any means to change the default OMV IO schedular for i.e harddrive or raid array?

The following gives not the result I expected, md11 is my raid array:

Code
    cat /sys/block/md11/queue/scheduler
    none

Would expect something like:

Code
    noop anticipatory deadline [cfq]

thx -Frank

Recently using another streaming device. Still have occasional high wait I/O which freezes playback of a movie for a few seconds.
    Could it be something to be solved by changing the IO scheduler or increasing IO buffer times? Some directions how to change these in order to experiment a little, are appreciated

Previously streaming from share using a centos distrib gave no problems, at least with the mediaplayer. The whole network is 1Gbit. Filesize is typically dvd size 5gb or higher when goning the blueray stuff. Tend to use .iso files.

-Frank

Hi David,

Thx for replying. When using SMB/CIFS the video freezes for a moment, duration sometimes a few seconds, other times up to 60 seconds or longer. When it take too long the acryan will not response anymore. When using NFS the video freezes including the acryan which is non responsive. Plugging out the power of the acryan is the only way to reset.

Regarding SMB/CIFS before using OMV I cannot recall any problems. Never used NFS until now. Regarding acryan there is in fact little to configure.

-Frank

Hi,

Just exploring the possibilities of OMV, i have an i3 2GB server with 3x 2TB in raid 5 and 2x 4 TB in raid 1, both with LVM on top. I want to use OMV as movie server. Movies are on the raid1. For playing the movies I use a ACryan hd mini 2 mediaplayer which can do both regular network share as NFS. I first tried with smb share on OMV, it worked but i got high wait I/O which freezes the movie. Dont know is causing the high wait I/O. Next tried NFS, linked the movie share and was able to login and select the movie on the mediaplayer. However after some time the movie freezes. This time I dont see high wait I/O. How to solve, investigate? Any help is appreciated.

-Frank