Beiträge von Igonet

Hi

We manage some omv rsync backups and every morning we check for emails notifications about backups happened in the night.

Emails notifications work fine but we receive a lot of emails about everything about backups and this makes email managing difficult.

There is a way to let system just send us basic emails about backup gone well/not well.

So what we don't need is continuous email update (like one mail/minute) about incremental speed etc.

With "send command output via email" ON we receive all of this mentioned before but w/o this we don't receive anything at all.

Thanks for your help

Hello, I need to backup OMV files on a nas qnap on the network, I don't want to use rsync, because I need it to keep 3 copies, is there any plugin or software to install on linux that gives me this possibility?

Hello, when I add new files to the shared folder in OMV only the user who adds the file has the permissions, the other users who have the permissions on the whole folder does not inherit the permissions, like the administrator user who has all the permissions, but not on the new files, I have enabled the inherited permissions option in SMB and recursive. when I apply the recursive everything is ok, but when I add the new file the problem persists

Hi, I installed OMV as a virtual machine on vmware, everything works fine, I set up the backup with iperius backup.

I noticed that when a new one is inserted it does not take the set permissions and therefore iperius gives me denied access to the file. if I go to OMV / shared folders / acl and apply the recursive to all folders the backup works, but if a new file is inserted in the same folder in the following days the problem recurs

where am i wrong?

tnx

Hi, I installed OMV as a virtual machine on vmware, everything works fine, I set up the backup with iperius backup.

I noticed that when a new one is inserted it does not take the set permissions and therefore iperius gives me denied access to the file. if I go to OMV / shared folders / acl and apply the recursive to all folders the backup works, but if a new file is inserted in the same folder in the following days the problem recurs

where am i wrong?

tnx