Beiträge von Gemeinschaft

Well, I am running V .2.7.4 LOL - I guess I have missed a few upgrades. I guess my motto is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it..."

That said, I greatly appreciate the help that I have received this week. Honestly, the reason I am not as strong at CLI as I should be is that I never have to fix anything, it just works; so I am out of practice.

I will try DD and see how that goes, but I want to check and re-check everything before I hit Enter. LOL

I do have a full backup of my data, but who wants to copy all of that again? Right?

Thanks again for your help and hopefully after a couple of cups of coffee on Saturday, I can get this project moving again.

Okay, I now have both disks failed and removed from the RAID.

Now, I am trying to create a new RAID1, but cannot select them. Earlier, you said in the Physical Disks area, I could wipe those drives and start over, but I do not see that option.

I am trying create a separate RAID1 so that I can succeed with adding storage space to my NAS.

What is the fastest way to get back on track?

I am getting a command not found error. I am not a regular CLI user, so I am not sure where to go.

In a nutshell, I needed more storage space, so I planned to add 2 more HDD to OMV.

I started off with a 2x 2TB in RAID1

I added 2x 3TB HDD and instead of creating a new RAID1, I stupidly added them to the existing RAID1. So basically, I now have four identical HDD and I am still topped out on storage space at 2TB.

Can Someone give me some direction on how best to remove these two 3TB drives from the RAID and then add them so that my filesystem could end up with 5TB of storage?

Thanks in advance,

I keep backups of my RAW images, so if it gets deleted, I can restore them. I have some external hard drives as well as cloud storage for backups. The problem with cloud storage is that I am about to move into a new pricing tier with my storage needs, so I may have to start being more selective with what I backup online. :(

Basically, I have my filesystem set up the way I want it, but it is now growing past the size of my 2TB RAID. I need to figure out what the best solution is going to be to expand, hopefully without changing the filesystem.

I am a photographer who uses OMV as my NAS for storing my pictures. As I continue to grow, I need to be able to scale my storage. When I built it, 2TB seemed like a lot... Now, I am starting to see that I am going to run out of room soon.

I appreciate everyone's input. I will look at aufs and check it out.

I currently use OMV for my NAS at the house.

My system has Two 2TB HDD in a RAID 1 configuration. I need to grow my RAID and I am thinking about adding Two 4TB HDD to the RAID, assuming that that would leave me with roughly 6TB of mirrored storage.

My question is, will I have issues adding disks that are larger than I currently have installed?

Also, if you have any suggestions about how best to move forward with this expansion, please let me know. I am making a full backup of my 2TB of data before starting the upgrade, just in case I have some issues, but I want to hear back from the community before I take any major steps .

Thank you in advance,