Beiträge von TiredHornet

Sorry to say that the error remains the same:

Code
    dpkg --purge --force-all openmediavault-nut
    (Reading database ... 45249 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing openmediavault-nut ...
    Purging configuration files for openmediavault-nut ...
    invoke-rc.d: unknown initscript, /etc/init.d/nut not found.
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-nut (--purge):
     subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 100
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     openmediavault-nut
    Code
    (Reading database ... 44523 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing openmediavault-nut ...
    Purging configuration files for openmediavault-nut ...
    /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-nut.postrm: 24: .: Can't open /etc/default/openmediavault
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-nut (--purge):
     subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 2
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     openmediavault-nut

This what I get. Okay, just saw WastlJ's answer. Am reinstalling openmediavault now... And I have ascess to OMV webgui again. Thank you.

Okay, I think I just made a big mistake. I typed:

dpkg --purge --force-all openmediavault

without the "-nut":

Not really shure if anything happend though. After running

dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

it still looks the same.

Should I procede with

?

Tekkb, thank for helping me out with all this!

EDIT:

I just tried to open the webgui and of course it doesn't work anymore. I guess I really messed up this time.

I tried that and I get one error for the nut plugin:

Any idea what that is about?

dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

just to check if has correct packages.

This is what I get. Is 0.5.20 the right version number?

Zitat

There is more than one site of plugins - did you see that?

No, I didn't until now! So there was a new version of snapraid to install on the second site. Installing it right now. I think I thought the aufs-plugin was also for snapraid because there is a link to an aufs and snapraid guide in the description. Is there any special steps I need to take to get my old Snapraid back?

Before I saw the last answer I already enalbed the testing repos. I then checked for updates in the webgui. But there were no newer version of my plugins.

Here is what I get from omv-update (just the last lines, the rest can be found on https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9o5…0RJf-UEOyMkaI3PT-9Ea?dl=0:(

and here is what I get from apt-cache search openmediavault-*:

Hi,

I justed update from 0.5.6 to 1.0.23. Everything seemed to upgrade without any errors. The only thing that is not working is Snapraid. I have 3 drives setup as LVM and then used Snapraid. I access the data on the drived through an SMB/CIFS. But now after the update, I can't see my shares. I read that I have to reconfigure Snapraid after the upgrade. But can't find the plugin in the webgui. The plugin Snapraid plugin is shown as installed, but be sure I tried to reinstall in via CLI. I then get the following error:

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers

Okay, I think I messed it all up. I would like to start from scratch. Delete the file systems and do everything again. I was only able to delete two of my drives. Snapraid parity drive is blocked. Snapraid is still using it. How do I remove it from snapraid?

EDIT: Okay, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the Snapraid plugin. Then I was able to remove the drive.

Thank you for the link to the guide. I'll already figured out that I need to create the file systems first and then I can follow the guide.

A question about aufs. This is for pooling drives, right? So since I have three drives I could pool two together and the third one would be for parity in Snapraid. Would a combination of Snapraid and aufs be a good idea for video, music and foto storage?

Okay I'm lost.

I would like to setup Snapraid. I have so far managed to delete my RAID5 array. Now I have created physical volumes, volume groups and logical volumes for my three HDDs. But now I don't get how to create the Snapraid. My drives are all empty and have no filesystem yet. Do I need to do that first?

Can anyone walk me through this?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm trying to delete the RAID array and I am running into some trouble. I get this error message:

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-rmraid /dev/md0': mdadm: failed to stop array /dev/md0: Device or resource busy
    Perhaps a running process, mounted filesystem or active volume group?' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/raidmgmt.inc:390
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceRaidMgmt->delete(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('delete', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('RaidMgmt', 'delete', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

I already removed all the SMB/CIFS shares and the shared folders except one for external hard drive, where I get the following error:

Code
    Error #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='4be60e62-77ce-4de2-8ff2-e6b95425d987'])' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:466
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->delete(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('delete', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'delete', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

EDIT:

Just figured it out. I had to delete the logical volumes to.

Hi,

a couple of weeks ago I build my first NAS with OMV and RAID 5. Everything seems to work fine (although I haven't really used the NAS that much yet). Since I plan to use my NAS mainly as a media server (movies, music and pictures), it seems like SnapRaid would be better suited for my purpose. But the data is already on the RAID array. Is their a way to migrate from a RAID 5 to SnapRaid without having to delete all the data? I have about 2 TB of media to transfer so I could use a external HDD, but if there is a faster solution please tell me.

Cheers
    TiredHornet

Hi,
    now that my OMV-Server is up and running, I need to improve my network architecture. I saw a used NETGEAR ProSafe 8 Port GS108 v3 switch for cheap and was wondering if that would be an good switch to buy. Is there anything I need to lock out for when buying a switch?

Greetz
    TiredHornet

Okay,

so I'll just get the three disks. If I use RAID 5 I can use 8TB of that space and it is fault tolerant for one disk. So if one disk breaks I can recover all data by replacing the disk, right? I know this is not a real backup solution, but I keep an external hard disk offsite with the really important data for as a backup.

Greets
    TiredHornet