Posts by nicjo814

Hi Miras! Could you enable degugging in Chrome (F12) and see if there are any dependencies missing? It sometimes work and sometimes not and I haven't been able to figure out why...

how do you see /dev/zd0 ? I'll try to format My ZFS Volume, but do not work.

http://forums.openmediavault.o…2069-Failed-to-mount-jpg/

When I look at the image it looks like you're trying to mount the pool itself, which shouldn't be done. If you want to have a block device you have to create a "Volume" in the ZFS GUI, which should then be formatted with some filesystem and then you can mount that filesystem as usual in OMV. Not sure if I make any sense now though :)

more question , how to create from webGUI something like I create from Shell:
    Source Code
    zpool create RPool raidz1 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde raidz1 /dev/sdf /dev/sdg /dev/sdh /dev/sdi
    this is 4x3TB disk in one vdev + 4x3TB disk in other vdev , and all are conforming RPool

A bit late reply on this... You would have to create the pool in two steps. First one raidz1 vdev and then expand the pool with the other raidz1 vdev.

Before deleting anything in your config.xml you need to make sure that you delete all references to your (old) pools like shared folders etc. The easiest way to do this is to use the GUI. When all such references are deleted you can remove all <mntent> entries with <type> zfs from your config.xml file (make a backup of the file first). The ZFS GUI will recreate needed entries in the config.xml file when you load it.
    The problem with multiple entries in your config.xml file might come from you deleting pools/datasests etc from command-line. The GUI will not be aware of such changes...

But after a reboot my pool changed to:

I don't think it's the plugin that changes this for you, but rather the ZoL implementation itself...

and finally i see that pool are created using 512b sectors not 4K:

You specify the ashift value when you create the pool (there is a setting for this in the GUI). Default is 512b sector size as you noticed, but it's possible to change this to 4k.

I don't know where to offer this contribution:

if you need testers for the zfs-Plugin, then I'm ready.
    I just moved from FreeNAS and installed OMV on hardware with a HBA and some disks without data.

Kind regards,
    Thomas

Help is really appreciated! You can download the plugin here

I cannot place mysql DB folder in ZFS volume.
    I don't remember if I already warned about, but recently I faced that problem again and thought that it was useful to post.

If you have the same problem as I did (zfs/innodb "missmatch") it could be fixed by adding the following to your mysql configuration:

Code
    innodb_use_native_aio = false

Could @darthsmiley and @jf_rr send me PM's with their respective e-mail addresses where I may send an updated version? I hope I've fixed the problem with the help of the screendump from Chrome... I would appreciate if you could test this new version for me sine I'm not experiencing the problem myself and am not able to reproduce it either.

Really nice to see that you're trying to get to the bottom of this issue with the plugin not showing up in the GUI. I've seen some users posting about similar issue, but I don't remember seeing any solution...

For example, in sickbeard, couchpotato, etc downloader that has the backup box. The volume dropdown gets hung, sometimes without being populated, and others already populated showing in gray.
    This behavior lives with me from the day I installed ZFS.

Sorry for the late reply on this. I believe the issue is a side-effect of the new OMV filesystem/volume managemt which can make certain listings appear slow. I looked quite a lot at this some time ago and some improvements were accepted by Volker. The new managemnt interface is really superb for plugin developers who want to add "unknown" filesystems into the OMV framework though...

In terms of stability I must say that the plugin works fine for almost 2 months here. I would say it is ready for beta usage.

Nice to hear! I've just recently found some issues regarding snapshots/clones that I should fix shortly.

However for a beta I would expect to have add/remove features for drives within a ZFS pool as well as the replace feature.

Is this for pool upgrade/bad disk replacement? If so I have saved this for later since it's quite a big project (which I'd really welcome help with if anyone feels they have some free time :-) ). Otherwise it's possible to expand an existing pool with additional disks (not log/cache though).

OMV GUI hangs for a while every time a volumes selector (that shows zfs volumes) is being populated.

I'm not sure where you are refering to? I'd like to have a look at this to see if it can be improved.

Disks by identifier, so messing with cables does not harm anything.

This should be available in a dropdown when creating/expanding pools (it's called "Device alias"). Please let me know if this is what you're looking for.

I've been quite busy with "family stuff" the last couple of months so progress on the plugin has nearly stalled. I've just recently begun implementing support for renaming ZFS objects (but progress is SLOW), then the plugin might be "feature ready" for testing repo release. I've used the plugin myself in my home NAS for a couple of months without any issues (except when the core OMV filesystem mgmt changed). What do the rest of you who have used the plugin think, is it stable enough for testing repo?

It has never been in the repo. Download link should be in some previous post in this thread I think. The zfs option in omvextras is on the secondary tab of the plugin.

Yes, there seems to be some problem with menu refresh after installing the plugin. However the steps you have performed are not the right ones... Please refer to instructions earlier in this thread for guidance. With your current setup you will not have working zfs-omv filesystem integration etc.

Edit: After some consideration it might only be necessary for you to update omv to latest version to get everything working as expected.