Beiträge von SILENT001

Thank you Krisbee for your help, I did as you suggested and noticed that the system got stuck at nvidiafb: Device ID: 10de128b so as I figured it was my old Nvidia GPU that was holding back the boot process, did some googling and found others had a similar problem so I did as suggested and replace "quiet" with "nomodeset" and that got it to boot using the pve kernel 6.5. After that I installed the correct driver for my GPU and now it is working as expected, imported my zpool and now have access to my drives. Thank you for your assistance.

Thank you for your reply and patience, I appologies as I am knowledgeable with Linux but certainly not an expert yet at diagnosis on these matters. I will send you the screenshot of the WebUI tab "System > Kernel" once I get home today from work. Is there any other information I can give you that might help? Could it be that both 6.2 and 6.5 kernels do not like my GT710 Nvidia GPU? I have also done nano /etc/defualt/grub and removed the quite part from it to get output from booting the 6.5 kernel to better understand whats going on. How long should I wait before I force the system to power down again when I test the 6.5 kernel again? My monitor is connected to the GPU hdmi output

As stated above, I am unable to boot using a pve kernel. I'm still using the Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 6.1.0-18-amd64 kernel. Both pve 6.2 and 6.5 kernels install successfully no problem but when I boot to them they do the initial ramdisk load then switches to saying /dev/nvmensp1 clean 5788474/7748489493 blocks or something like that on the attached monitor console output and doesn't go any further, I am not sure how to better explain the issue, appologies.

The feed back I asked for would be helpful, as I believe I may have found a bug in installing pve kernels in some cases.

There is the output of the requested commands, zfs tab still says:

and modprobe zfs says

Bash
    root@omvserver:~# modprobe zfs
    modprobe: FATAL: Module zfs not found in directory /lib/modules/6.1.0-18-amd64
    root@omvserver:~#

The problem is not exactly zfs, I have found that the proxmox kernel works better and more reliably without breaking my zfs pool and that's what I would like to get working again. I will try later tonight again after purging the nvidia drivers to see if that helps to get the proxmox kernel installed. I have removed the openmediavault-zfs plugin because when installing the proxmox kernel it gave an error with the zfs plugin installed.

I upgraded my OMV6 system to OMV7, I did have some issues with the upgrade but got everything to work again and boot however ZFS was no longer working. I tried installing both proxmox kernel 6.2 and 6.5 however my system will not boot when I select these kernels. I really would like top avoid reinstalling again to get everything working. I have the system up with the following kernel Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 6.1.0-18-amd64. Any suggestions on where I can look to find the cause of the boot issues because the boot output doets not give anything

So the jobs run on schedule no problem. The issue appears to be something with the RPC proxy or something. I have tried reloading the page, clearing the cache and everything however I still get this error. Anyone with any suggestions on how to please fix this issue

I just finished installing OMV over debain 11. I reset everything up as I had it but when I manually run a scheduled job I get the error ** CONNECTION LOST ** and I don't know why.

If I run the command export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive --user='root' -- /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-dfe808c5-794b-4870-9a1e-8c72136d23a5 exactly as the error it runs but from the WebUI I get the error:

Anyone with suggestions as to why it is not working? Am I missing something simple?

If I run sudo omv-salt deploy run cron there is no issues

Good day all,

So I am rather new to openmediavault and honestly chose it over all the others out there that I have tried but I have a small issue that I am unable to figure out. So I create share folders, set their permissions and create the share under SMB and set it to public (aka guests allowed) and all users can get into the share without a password or username, however the moment I add in a share that is protected then you no longer can go inside to see the public share without a username and password. Here is an example of what I am referring too:

When you click network you should see like below:

18269-network-png

Then click on the hostname this should be seen next:

18270-crypt-png

But what I get is a password request which from my experience is only supposed to show up when you click on the protected share. Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong? I suspect that it is some configuration error somewhere. I am using OMV 5.5.22