Beiträge von edstiles

I'm a newbie to both OMV and somewhat to Linux... searched this site for answers but maybe used the wrong terms...

Have an OMV NAS, storing pictures and music on it. Storage drive is (5) 4 gig Seagate NAS drives with an LSI MegaRAID 9266 controller, older Intel server motherboard and Xeon quad core CPU. OMV is currently ver 5.62-1 Usul and have updated all files as of 3/19/2021.

In OMV, File System tab shows 14.44 TB available with 14.19 TB used (and in Red). Problem is that I moved approximately 7-8 TB of the files originally located on the OMV NAS to another (Netgear) NAS but the original size "used" persists after the move. When I query the OMV NAS drive through Windows, it shows 5.6 TB used and I would assume I have just under 9 TB of space available. Tried to move some additional files (about 1 TB) to the OMV drive and OMV said there wasn't room. Rebooted system but that didn't change anything.

Logs show: (date) monit[847] : 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-uuid-1-1dce5c41-f690-4763-a8ee-76bf96f5d192' space usage 98.3% matches resource limit [space usage > 86.0%]

Any ideas on how to get File Systems to report the correct data size? What am I doing wrong

Thanks in advance

Just as an update, I modified the GRUB boot file with a video VGA command and that solved my problem with video corruption after boot up. Now everything comes up properly. AS FYI for anyone interested both the LSI and Fujitsu labelled LSI MegaRAID 9266 controllers work fine in both 5.5 (current install level) and 5.6.2.1. This is with the Debian updates (5.10 ??) loaded.

Think I'm having a related problem. Installed OMV 5.5.11, on an Intel S3420GP server board with an older Xeon quad core and an LSI MegaRAID SAS 9266 Raid Controller, a pair of small, mirrored SSD boot drives and (5) 4 gig Seagate NAS drives in RAID 5 on a Gig E wired network. Building this to replace a similar, older Windows 2011 Home Server, have lots of large photo files. Started configuration per Techno Dad Life.

When I went to update the files in OMV (per Techno Life Dad), when I rebooted, the system failed to start, got what appeared to be a "normal" boot message in smaller typeface, then a very quickly displayed 2nd message in a much larger typeface and finally a message that indicated the video was out of range. System stuck at this video message. Reinstalled, reconfigured to the point of update, only updated files I thought I'd need (like no wireless updates), same problem on reboot. Third install, just updated OMV to 5.6, nothing else and all is ok. Continued configuration per Techno Dad Life but now afraid to update the O/S files now thinking that I'll have to rebuild the system.

Obviously an O/S related problem, think it is somewhere in GRUB.

Thoughts???

Prefer to resolve this before I move my files to the OMV NAS...

Thanks