Posts by thecolorjay

Hey, I'm hoping to make a friend here that'll be happy to work on my home server with me. I'm new to using OpenMediaVault but I'm not new to using Linux. My first love is security, but what I have to secure is my home server. 8) My favorite Linux distribution is Debian due it's reproducible builds, but I do prefer Devuan since they took out SystemD. This is why I want to use OpenMediaVault, and why I don't want to use TrueNAS which is based on FreeBSD. Even though security is an afterthought with Linux, I do prefer it over Unix. My favorite web browser is Tor Browser, or Firefox. Anyway, enough about my hobby. Who am I:?:

I'm a loner, and that's why I'm here. I need a friend who's open minded, and by open minded I mean willing to change your mind when proven wrong. Without objectivity, we're lost. Without a conscience, we give up our sentience. You must be at least 21+, I really don't want to waste my time with some closed minded teenager who thinks he's got it all figured out and nobody can tell him he's wrong. I do play games, so I'm down to play Watch Dogs or whatever else I've got that I feel down to play. Playing a game together is a good way to get to know each other, but my home server is where I want to spend my time. I want to get it set up so that we can use it.

The Discourse forum that I want to set up will be a community for subcultures, occultists, autistics, and obviously nerds/geeks. Autistics because I myself am autistic, and we need a way to meet each other as we don't always get along all that well with everybody else. I do also want to set up a Nextcloud server, and I mostly want to use virtual machines and not Docker, although if I can wrap my head around Docker I may want to use it. It would be cool to set up NZBGet, Jackett, Sonarr, Radarr, and Ombi as well. It's a lot of work, but it'll be worth it and we can obviously take our time with it. Jellyfin is what I want to use as a media server, and I should probably set it up with hardware acceleration. I've got an AMD server, and it has a GTX 750 Ti, and I've got a Raspberry Pi 3 B+. If you think I'd like you, please comment or private message me and we'll talk. :)