Beiträge von monkeylove

I'm currently using Jdownloader2 in a stack/container using the code here:

GitHub - jaymoulin/docker-jdownloader: JDownloader 2 Docker Image (Multiarch) - 50M+ Downloads
    JDownloader 2 Docker Image (Multiarch) - 50M+ Downloads - GitHub - jaymoulin/docker-jdownloader: JDownloader 2 Docker Image (Multiarch) - 50M+ Downloads
    github.com

I access it via a Portainer web page, which is running under OMV and installed in a Raspberry Pi, via a Windows 10 PC. I also access the Jdownloader download folders using the same Windows 10 via samba/network share.

When I add a video which has non-ASCII characters in the title, like

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

(note the diamond characters)

the folder and filea downloaded have random characters in their file names. There are no problems for videos with no unusual characters in the title.

When I try it in Jdownloader2 installed in Windows 10, and with LAFSettings.fontname set to Arial Unicode MS, the problem disappears. But that setting doesn't appear in the advanced settings of the Jdownloader image used for the container.

Is it possible to set the locale or something like that in the container to change the font settings, etc., to solve the problem? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks. I found another solution: after every Jdownloader2 update, go to Portainer -> Containers -> Jdownloader2, then click on the "recreate" button and re-pull the image. Go to the logs window and view the update progress, and wait for it to finish. After that, the app should be working correctly again with all settings and files intact.

I looked at the logs, searched for the error, and found out that others have the same problem. It happens after Jdownloader is updated. A change is made in Jdownloader such that a change is made in a console that no longer exists, and this affects headless systems:

"Image": "jaymoulin/jdownloader:latest" fails to start on 1.0.1-armhf · Issue #44 · jaymoulin/docker-jdownloader
    Output of docker inspect jdownloader --format='{{index .Config.Labels.version}}': 1.0.1-armhf Docker image restarts and at some point fails to start. Started…
    github.com

The suggestion, which works, is to delete and recreate the container. I haven't tried re-downloading the image, but I'll try that the problem occurs after the next update.

Thanks. The weird thing is that the transmission docker works but Jdownloader stopped working after I uninstalled and re-installed it.

I currently have RPi with an SD card containing the OS, etc., and a small hard drive attached to it. I access the first using Putty from a Windows PC in the same network. I also use a web browser to access OMV and Portainer.

I plan to do the ff.

Delete the two stacks using the Portainer panel.

Reformat the drive using ext4. I think that that can be done using the OMV web panel.

Create the folders for the two apps (using the same panel).

Set up the code for the two stacks following the guides, then post them here first before deploying them.

Sorry for doing this like I'm following rote, as I stopped coding decades ago and use only Windows.

Alternatively, is there a way for me to fix this without having to reformat the hard drive?

Thanks! I will rewrite the lines and try it later. As for the user settings, I will try to figure out how to reformat the drive as ext4. For now, I also use transmission in another stack and using the same drive, using the ff. code.

---
    version: "2.1"
    services:
    transmission:
    image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/transmission
    container_name: transmission
    environment:
    - PUID=1000
    - PGID=1000
    - TZ=<my tz>
    - TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/combustion-release/ #optional
    - USER=pi
    - PASS=<my password>
    volumes:
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-AAD0319DD03170A5/transmission:/config
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-AAD0319DD03170A5/transmission:/downloads
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-AAD0319DD03170A5/transmission:/watch
    ports:
    - 9091:9091
    - 51413:51413
    - 51413:51413/udp
    restart: unless-stopped

"pi" is what I use to log in to to the RPi (using Putty) to update the OS and OMV if needed.

Thanks!

I used the ff.

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-AAD0319DD03170A5/jdownloader/cfg:/cfg

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-AAD0319DD03170A5/jdownloader/downloads:/downloads

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-AAD0319DD03170A5/jdownloader/logs:/logs

and it worked for several weeks until Jdownloader wanted to be updated after. I updated it, and after that could no longer see it using the addon although Portainer shows that it's running.

I uninstalled the Jdownloader container, updated RPi and OMV, reinstalled Portainer, and reinstalled Jdownloader using the same code above the updated directories, and rebooted the PC, RPi, modem, and router (to be sure) and I still couldn't access it even though it's listed in Portainer as running.

Before that, the ff. happened:

The addon would sometimes not be able to see Jdownloader 2, and then a minute later, when I tried again, it would.

Sometimes, I would not be able to see it, but after doing the updates mentioned above, I could.

I'll try again later.

I'm currently running OMV 5.6.261 on an RPi with ARMV7. Here's what I did:

I ran Putty and logged in to pi.

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y

sudo omv-upgrade

sudo apt autoremove && sudo apt clean

sudo reboot

I log on to OMV (the version no. above) and reinstall Docker to make sure that it's also updated.

I go to Portainer (v. 2.18.3) and then create a stack called "jdownloader" containing the ff.

services:
    jdownloader:
    image: jaymoulin/jdownloader
    container_name: jdownloader
    restart: always
    user: 1001:100
    volumes:
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-AAD0319DD03170A5/jdownloader:/cfg
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-AAD0319DD03170A5/jdownloader:/downloads
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-AAD0319DD03170A5/jdownloader:/logs
    - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
    environment:
    MYJD_USER: <my email address>
    MYJD_PASSWORD: <my password>
    MYJD_DEVICE_NAME: <my user name>
    ports:
    - 3129:3129

then I click the button to deploy the stack. I see it installed and the Jdownloader container running.

Then I go to

MyJDownloader - Apps and Browser Extensions

and download and install the MyJDownloader addon for Firefox.

I run the addon in Firefox and log in using the e-mail address and password I used above.

I'm able to see the Jdownloader, and but it's slow to load. When I shut down the browser, restart it, and then run the MyJDownloader addon again, it no longer sees Jdownloader. In the Docker, it's still running correctly.

I used the same process before and I was able to use Jdownloader for months until I decided to uninstall and reinstall it because it seemed slow, and the problem just mentioned is now taking place. Meanwhile, another app I installed in Docker, Transmission, still works fine.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks. I would like to avoid leaving the enclosures on (and they're used for only a third of each day) because even with a spin down or sleep mode the power bricks attached to them might not last that long, and it's a hassle and expensive to order replacements (something like a third of the price of the enclosure).

I found out recently that there are one-bay NAS devices with USB ports, and they can read and automount external enclosures, but they won't run unless there's one hard drive inside the NAS, which means the cost of the device plus the drive is around four times the price of an RPi kit, complete with the sd card, etc.

Thank you. I use some units of this:

https://www.amazon.com/Mediaso…A-Enclosure/dp/B003X26VV4

But I'm not sure the cause is hardware. Whenever I connect a drive enclosure to a Windows PC and turn it on, the drive is automatically mounted and I can see it in the file explorer. For OMV, however, the drive has to be mounted manually.

Someone suggested here:

https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/733

but the idea was turned down because it went against the philosophy of OMV: shared folders must be available to users all of the time. That means hard drives containing the folders must always be turned on, and with that no automounting feature is necessary.

My understanding is that the only way to activate automounting is to do it with the operating system and right after the system boots. But every drive that has to be mounted automatically must be indicated in the configuration file. That means any new drive attached has to be added, too.

Finally, I think the drive is automatically mounted only after the device is booted. Any device connected after still has to be mounted manually.

OMV in RPi is the best option for me because it is cheap and can be run headless. A mini PC with Windows can do what I want but is more expensive, and if it has to be booted, it won't run unless a monitor and keyboard are connected.

A NAS with a customized operating system can automount headless but they are expensive. The cheapest ones are outdated, and the next ones are as expensive as a mini PC set.

I read the guide mentioned here:

External USB HDD not automounting

and I think I can follow it, but I think what happens is that the RPi will automount connected drives when it boots. Also, every drive has to be identified and written in the configurations.

Is there an easy way to automount any and all drives, and automount after booting and when a drive that's been disconnected or turned off is reconnected or turned on?

The only devices that I think can do these are some commercially sold NASes, but they're expensive, and OSes like Windows and others, but they can't operate headless in the sense that monitors and keyboards have to be connected if they need to be rebooted.

I think the question is about accessing Transmission outside the local area network, e.g., accessing it in a home computer from an office computer.

Here's what I did:

Went to https://my.jdownloader.org and created an account.

Went to the terminal and entered id to check the PUID and GUID.

Created a shared folder jdownloader and clicked on the reference column header to show the absolute path, which in my case is

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-926A18B76A1899D5/jdownloader

Create a stack in Portainer and entered the ff. code:

version: '2'

services:
    jdownloader:
    image: jaymoulin/jdownloader
    container_name: jdownloader
    restart: always
    user: 1000:1000
    volumes:
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-926A18B76A1899D5/jdownloader:/cfg
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-926A18B76A1899D5/jdownloader:/downloads
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-926A18B76A1899D5/jdownloader:/logs #optional
    - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro #optional
    environment:
    MYJD_USER: myemail@email.com #optional (see [Identify](https://github.com/jaymoulin/docker-jdownloader#identify))
    MYJD_PASSWORD: mypassword #optional (see [Identify](https://github.com/jaymoulin/docker-jdownloader#identify))
    MYJD_DEVICE_NAME: mydevicename #optional
    XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR: /downloads #optional
    ports:
    - 3129:3129

For the user field, I entered the PUID and GUID I got from the terminal.

I entered the absolute path of the shared folder I created in each of the volumes.

I entered the email address and password I used to register in the Jdownloader site.

I entered anything for the device name.

I made sure that the XDG download dir is the same as what I used for the downloads directory in the volumes field (I used the part that came after the ":" and not the absolute path).

I deployed the stack.

I went to the container section of the Portainer page, clicked on the logs button of the Jdownloader container, and viewed it and waited until it updated at 100%,

I went back to https://my.jdownloader.org and refreshed it to see that mydevicename is activated, and then used that to download a sample Youtube video.

im having the same problem. Do you know what you update?

In the OMV-Extras panel, there is a button in the settings tab for updates. I ran update and omv-update.

Also, in the Portainer panel, I went to Containers in the menu list on the left sidebar, clicked on transmission, and then read the logs for it (it's a menu option right under the container status). I remember reading something about libscontent or something like that not updated. I went to Google and searched for it and then ran two sets of commands in Putty to update it. Unfortunately, I can't remember the details, but I'll search my history and if I find it I'll post it here.