Posts by Rabux

What you could do is select every shared folder in the web-ui, press the "ACL"-button and make sure to set the correct permissions.

Then you could check where these shared folders are mounted by hovering over the column-titles and selecting "absolute path" to show.

Result:

True, I remember that happening.

Thanks for mentioning this drawback, it definately caused me some hassles.

For anyone interested the regarding topic is explained here.

TL;DR:

sudo systemctl stop plexmediaserver

sudo systemctl edit plexmediaserver

insert:

Code
    [Service]
    # Move the data directory
    Environment="PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-XYZ/PLEX/Library/Application Support"

sudo systemctl deamon-reload

add user plex to video-group: sudo usermod -a -G video plex

change owner in new library folder to plex: sudo chown -R plex:video /somepath/Application\ Support/

remove old library folder (created on installation): rm -rf /var/lib/plexmediaserver

sudo systemctl start plexmediaserver

Although I realize the sudden deprecation of by-label-mountpoints asks for a modification of my setup...

All it takes are three lines of code to install plex without docker:

Code
    echo deb https://downloads.plex.tv/repo/deb public main | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plexmediaserver.list
    curl https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-keys/PlexSign.key | sudo apt-key add -
    sudo apt-install plexmediaserver

IMHO that's pretty easy and updates appear shortly after there's news about it in the forum.

But it will be added back any time you make a repo change in the web interface.

What do you mean by that? Does this include only the following switches or also the omv-extras repos?

I've been running OMV in this configuration for over a year and this is the first time a problem with apt occured. I didn't do anything in the web interface except for starting the upgrade of OMV from v5.6.2-1 to 5.6.3-1

Thanks for your input, here is what I concluded from it:

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list has to be removed from RPis (Yes I'm running OMV on one)

After I removed said file I ran sudo apt-get dist-upgrade, updated all packages again (without increasing the version) and now no updates are pending -> problem fixed

All you should have to do is what is in my post.

In your post you suggested to remove the hashsum and reinstall the package, which would have been quite a hassle for 62 packages.

But removing the sources-file is enough to fix the issue.

Not related. omv-update and omv-upgrade do the same thing.

Ok I didn't mean to refer to the update->upgrade change which happens to be in the same release.

I meant the auto-install-of security-updates thing, as I guess it introduced/changed openmediavault-os-security.list?

Am I supposed to execute your suggested command

Code
    sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/libapt-inst2.0:armhf.md5sums
    sudo apt-get --reinstall install libapt-inst2.0

for all 62 packages that won't resolve? Is there maybe a more compact command to clean apt?

I updated OMV to version 5.6.3-1 yesterday and received a mail this morning, that 56 packages have been installed successfully.

I know from the changelog that automatic security updates were intrododuced - so far so good- but here comes my problem:

All updated packages didn't receive a version upgrade.

armhf (1.8.2.2) unpacked over (1.8.2.2), apt (1.8.2.2) unpacked over (1.8.2.2), etc.

The web-interface still shows pending updates, now it's 62 packages that want to be upgraded.

Extract from apt-list --upgradeable

Code
    apt-utils/stable 1.8.2.2 armhf [upgradable from: 1.8.2.2]
    apt/stable 1.8.2.2 armhf [upgradable from: 1.8.2.2]
    curl/stable 7.64.0-4+deb10u2 armhf [upgradable from: 7.64.0-4+deb10u2]
    libapt-pkg5.0/stable 1.8.2.2 armhf [upgradable from: 1.8.2.2]

Is this related to RE: libapt-inst2.0 1.8.2.2 installation problem or should I upon a ticket on github? OMV-updates have been working without hassles so far, so I'm pretty sure it's yesterday's OMV-upgrade that introduced these problems.

The error says "eth0 does not exist". Did you choose the right gateway?

Network configuration:

Gateway configuration: