Beiträge von misejoh

There is no way to do that with the OMV install ISO. Why not use the Debian installer then? There is not much difference. Create your partition/lv layout, pick minimal install, and installing OMV after that is very simple:

Bash
    echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public erasmus main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem

Thank you so much ryecoaaron, I'll try this way.
    I'll mark this thread as resolved.

Hello,
    I think this is my first post here, and it could have typo errors due to my foreign origin.

I've been using OMV for a long time, because I think it is the best NAS distro (for my needs), and I've installed/updated it many times.
    I know it's possible to install it into a pre-installed debian, but if I can avoid it, i would.

Whenever I try to install it, if the system has >1 disk, the wizard asks wich disk to use, but if there's only 1 disk it makes fully automated partitioning.

Personally I dislike this setting, I wish (would like) it was like (pure) debian's install wizard, where you can choose auto/manual/raid/lmv/luks... at the appropiate wizard step (hard disk config).

I'm in the point I'd like to install OMV over LMV or software RAID so,
    Is there any *easy* way to do it? (Manually disk partitioning during the installation. Eg. GRUB parameters o so)

Thanks, and Thank you very much to all the people who put any effort to help/enhance this project.

First of all, thanks for the fast response.
    It seems we did a big progress:

# VBoxManage extpack install --replace Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.3.10-93012.vbox-extpack
    0%...10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%...100%
    Successfully installed "Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack".

Then I have restarted the VBox service in OMV. Now, and I can configure the Remote Display (by Remote Desktop protocol).

After some attempts I figured the correct configuration:
    Net Address must be a real IP of the server to listen on.

On windows run: mstsc, typed the previous IP address, and 'voilà' it works like a charm! :) :)

Thank you guys for your effort bringing(/helping in) all of this!

Hi, I've spent too many hours with this:

I was able, through many reinstalls, to setup the VirtualBox plugin on my OMV installation, but if I create a new VirtualMachine on my remote server (OMV) I am not able to control it.

It boots right but I don't know how to control mouse and keyboard, I am only watching the "Preview" thumbnail. The console button is disabled and if I enable the RemoteDisplay feature it's striked (--3-3-8-9--) on the settings and the port isn't working/listening.

Any hint/advice/howto-proceed, please?
    Thanks in advance.